Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stuart Zender..

Pedro1020

Hey!

I've been a huge fan of Mr Zender throughout the years, his bass technique is out-standing..

but I've noticed, now since hes joined mark ronson.. I cant hear him! live stuff, his bass lovely as it is, sounds quite thin and not hard hitting. also I've noticed the melodic basslines now seem basic?

Any thoughts?

Guest TheBigBeefChief

He plays on the same squash ladder as me, I would ask him next time we play but it's kind of a difficult question to phrase:

"Stuart, are you getting rubbish or is it just me??"

Edited by TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='117966' date='Jan 10 2008, 04:44 PM']He plays on the same squash ladder as me, I would ask him next time we play but it's kind of a difficult questtion to phrase:

"Stuart, are you getting rubbish or is it just me??"[/quote]

lol I'm not saying he's rubbish...if you listen to the old jamiroquai, it gives you such a rush to hear his funky basslines..

It's probably not zender it might even be Ronson Going "NO!..no, play what I say or put that bass down"

encourage Zender to break-through..upstage Ronson.

[quote name='Sean' post='118011' date='Jan 10 2008, 05:26 PM']He's very tasteful and very much the ensemble player at the moment. I wouldn't for a minute agree his sound was thin though especially with that P and the Ampeg rig.[/quote]
+1
Just because he's now playing basslines that I could handle doesn't mean he has 'slipped', or is a lesser player than he once was.
I will concede it's unlikely that he'll enjoy the artistic freedom he had in Jamiroquai any time soon though. Gotta work for the man, especially when there's bills to pay!