Why become a member? ×

Sold.

Raslee

I feel a little uncomfortable about how this has ended up. There is a lot of rallying around the seller (who seems to have sold it in good faith) but very little support for the the buyer, who let's face it has been landed with a bass that should he eventually decide to sell it on will undoubtedly have to take a hit on what he's paid once he discloses the damage and subsequent repair (if it is as bad as he says). As a casual bystander, I clearly have no idea of what if anything is going on behind the scenes but if it were me on either side of this situation I'd envisage a different outcome to what appears to have gone down here.... in fact if it were me, I don't even think I would accept the bass (that's easy for me to say not having to cope with the logistics of a making a return at this time of the year and the extra cost involve). Ok the bass was sold as non original but all the disclosed "mods" were easily reversible, this is obviously a bigger deal. I think our community goes beyond the "you pays your money and takes your choice" attitude but that's kind of how it looks in this instance.

Im not trying to be a knob but to the people that said I paid too much by lets face it maybe £150-200 more than it would fetch on here for my mint Pre EB from a dealer with excellent detailed photos of every part that I have a disc of for future reference its not looking too bad a deal to me now. It was for reasons like this (Im not going to comment on any sellers or buyers past or present on this trade as I dont know anything about them personally) that I went to a dealer incase I got my fingers burnt, That said would any of us remove a scratchplate in a music shop from a fairly new bass? It could of happened years ago when it was less than 10 years old who knows?

I don't see why this thread would leave anyone 'uncomfortable'?!
A problem arrose, the seller asked 'how the buyer wanted to proceed', I assume a refund would have been an option, buyer accepted the bass as a repair/restore job......sorted
Case closed :)

Si

[quote name='leloupa' post='1060576' date='Dec 16 2010, 02:02 PM']Why didnt you mention the enormous hole underneath the pickguard.. The square hole seems to be cut out with a hamer and a screwdriver.. almost as huge as the pickguard itselve and more than a centimeter deep. The neck is good though.

A stingray neck for 850£ anyone ? Comes with a piece of trash wood attached to it..[/quote]

I think it was the tone of this sibob? As others have said maybe a pm would of been better.

[quote name='Sibob' post='1062195' date='Dec 18 2010, 01:39 AM']I don't see why this thread would leave anyone 'uncomfortable'?!
A problem arrose, the seller asked 'how the buyer wanted to proceed', I assume a refund would have been an option, buyer accepted the bass as a repair/restore job......sorted
Case closed :)

Si[/quote]
My bad. Apologies to everyone especially Rasta.
I didn't read the bit at the bottom of his post asking 'how the buyer wanted to proceed". (if you miss that bit out it the rest reads totally differently :))
Being the sort of guy that strips a bass as soon as he gets his grubby mitts on it I forget that some peeps aren't as exploratory. I guess I got to the bit where he said he'd never taken the p/g off and flew off on one.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1061830' date='Dec 17 2010, 05:36 PM']That said would any of us remove a scratchplate in a music shop from a fairly new bass? It could of happened years ago when it was less than 10 years old who knows?[/quote]

Agreed. I never had the plate off my 1990 Ray in the 16 years or so that I owned it. I've had the plate off my 2 current Rays but that was only to change the plates. Something I've not thought about before....might do for the future though.