Why become a member? ×

Electro Harmonix Black Finger

Geester

This is a great tube compressor either for live or studio applications. It's about six months old and I still have the original box and packaging including the bubble wrap..!

[url="http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog%2F02%5FHome%5FStudio%5FPerformance%5FProducts%2F04%5FBlack%5FFinger"]http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&am...FBlack%5FFinger[/url]

Bit of a long link I know but it's worth taking a look to get all the details, it really does do what it says on the tin.

I'm looking for £80 plus postage, it is in 'as new' condition and you won't be disappointed. Paypal is fine and if you want to come and pick it up even better.

I'm based near Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire (PE28 3YX for multimap purposes).

Cheers and thanks for looking

Edited by Geester

[quote name='Geester' post='117447' date='Jan 9 2008, 09:50 PM']This is a great tube compressor either for live or studio applications. It's about six months old and I still have the original box and packaging including the bubble wrap..!

[url="http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog%2F02%5FHome%5FStudio%5FPerformance%5FProducts%2F04%5FBlack%5FFinger"]http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&am...FBlack%5FFinger[/url]

Bit of a long link I know but it's worth taking a look to get all the details, it really does do what it says on the tin.

I'm looking for £80 plus postage, it is in 'as new' condition and you won't be disappointed. Paypal is fine and if you want to come and pick it up even better.

I'm based near Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire (PE28 3YX for multimap purposes).

Cheers and thanks for looking[/quote]

I used one for a while and it is indeed a STONKIN quality bit of kit.
I sold it to a basschat member Thosd, he'll tell ya what its like.

A good luck bump for ya

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='117479' date='Jan 9 2008, 10:21 PM']I used one for a while and it is indeed a STONKIN quality bit of kit.
I sold it to a basschat member Thosd, he'll tell ya what its like.

A good luck bump for ya[/quote]

You're a kind man Mr Snake, thanks.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='120044' date='Jan 14 2008, 12:59 PM']Two questions please:

1 How well does this operate with an active bass?

2 Is it still for sale?

Thanks
Dave[/quote]

I can answer 1) for you; It makes my Stingray 5 sing. Adds really nice tubey warmth too with a turn of the pregain knob. The two light settings for compression; led and lamp; allow for a nice versatility, especially with the "sqsh" function affecting the lamp mode which provides high levels of compression that are still wonderfully musical thanks to the valves.

Works really well live too, it's really powerful. You might find some people complaining about the pedal creating noise through tweeters, but if you have a variable tweeter you'll have no problems turning it off. The VLE feature on my mark bass combo sorts this out for me =]

[quote name='theosd' post='120134' date='Jan 14 2008, 03:12 PM']I can answer 1) for you; It makes my Stingray 5 sing. Adds really nice tubey warmth too with a turn of the pregain knob. The two light settings for compression; led and lamp; allow for a nice versatility, especially with the "sqsh" function affecting the lamp mode which provides high levels of compression that are still wonderfully musical thanks to the valves.

Works really well live too, it's really powerful. You might find some people complaining about the pedal creating noise through tweeters, but if you have a variable tweeter you'll have no problems turning it off. The VLE feature on my mark bass combo sorts this out for me =][/quote]

Thanks theosd - that sounds good and I don't believe in tweeters.

[quote name='Geester' post='120189' date='Jan 14 2008, 04:21 PM']Many thanks to 'theosd' for such a comprehensive answer, couldn't have put it better myself.

It is still for sale, I've had a couple of sniffs but nothing firm.....[/quote]

I'll take it.

PM sent.

Edited by EssentialTension