Why become a member? ×

Sold

BigJim

[b]SOLD[/b]

I've had this for about 9 months now and it's served me well. It's got a 2 piece flame maple body, ovankal neck and wenge fingerboard. The classic Warwick 2 piece bridge and just-a-nut-1 which is the classic old brass one.

Made in 1997.

It's a great bass with what looks like a musicman pickup, however, it's 2 MEC j-style pickups with independent treble and bass controls for each (2 stacked knobs) and another stacked knob for volume and blend.

More than welcome to come over and try it out.

Willing to px for markbass lm3 with cash adjustment to me

£515 ono

Jim
07739969811[u][/u]SOLD

Edited by BigJim

[quote name='Kev' post='1030583' date='Nov 20 2010, 04:39 PM']awesome bass and another stupid low price!

Bump![/quote]

Thanks mate. The only reason I'm selling is because I'm moving and need space! A great bass though.

Jim

Yeah, I agree that it's a more sought after wenge neck. You can tell by the colour of the grain, especially on the back of the headstock. Not sure when Warwick changed to using Ovankol for the neck wood but around '98 or just after.
You shouldn't have any balance problems aswell due to that killer top horn!!

Gorgeous bass and a good price, my favourite Warwick shape!

Btw all Warwick Fortresses will have wenge necks bar the odd custom one (there was one on the Warwick forum with a maple neck) as they ceased production in 1999 iirc. Even though ovangkol necks were apparently used before then (in 1998) all standard Fortress models use wenge

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1042151' date='Nov 30 2010, 11:33 AM']Gorgeous bass and a good price, my favourite Warwick shape!

Btw all Warwick Fortresses will have wenge necks bar the odd custom one (there was one on the Warwick forum with a maple neck) as they ceased production in 1999 iirc. Even though ovangkol necks were apparently used before then (in 1998) all standard Fortress models use wenge[/quote]

Do you want it?

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1058031' date='Dec 13 2010, 11:31 PM']What scale length is this beast?[/quote]

It's 34" but it's got such a tight sound it's amazing!!! Especially with the 2 jazz pickups in the sweet spot.

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1042151' date='Nov 30 2010, 12:33 PM']Gorgeous bass and a good price, my favourite Warwick shape!

Btw all Warwick Fortresses will have wenge necks bar the odd custom one (there was one on the Warwick forum with a maple neck) as they ceased production in 1999 iirc. Even though ovangkol necks were apparently used before then (in 1998) all standard Fortress models use wenge[/quote]

My Fortress has a maple neck and I have seen 5 or 6 others including some mastermans with maple necks.
I have been told that it was a standard option on the fortress.

cheers
verb

oh n nearly forgot

bump :)

Edited by verb

[quote name='verb' post='1066565' date='Dec 22 2010, 11:59 AM']My Fortress has a maple neck and I have seen 5 or 6 others including some mastermans with maple necks.
I have been told that it was a standard option on the fortress.

cheers
verb

oh n nearly forgot

bump :)[/quote]

True mate