Why become a member? ×

. from log to axe. build diary of ziricote 4string for pete

lettsguitars

[quote name='charic' post='1043300' date='Dec 1 2010, 08:19 AM']I like :) how does it balance? Looks like it may be a candidate for neckdive (looks can be misleading mind)[/quote]
oh man. i assure you this bass balances perfectly. sitting down, it just sits there obediently. standing up, there should be a slight upward angle of the neck, the perfect playing position. as i tell any customer who's worried about the dive, it is one of the foremost considerations when choosing woods and deciding on thickness. and it's light too!
which reminds me, a chap who is considering a build told me the other day that, he'd recently picked up a warwick (model escapes me) which had a serious case of the dives. unforgivable mr warwick, whats up? your factory workers got a bag on?

Edited by lettsguitars

groovy! we got it wired up and it plays beautifully and sounds absolutely brilliant. ben made a fine job of making this humbucker. very impressed. the cover needs developing further and i know he had a hard time teaching himself the art of vacuum forming, not perfect but it looks very cool to say the least. adds a real original quality to the instrument. vol, tone and 4 way switch. humbucker in series, humbucker parallel, single coil in series and humbucker series tapped at 50%. pics to come.

and here she is. pete should be pleased. he's got a true one of a kind bass, with a one of a kind i.m.p ibstock brick pickup which sounds absolutely lovely. as i said earlier, these pups are still under development in various regards, but it is fully functioning, features tapped coils and a 4way rotary switch. all in all, a beautiful instrument, and only £500. thanks for all your comments. and next up, a groovy cocobola build for ed shearer. easy now, jon.

Edited by lettsguitars

• 1 month later...

had the bass a while now and heres what i think. first off the bass is stunning to look at and takes pride of place in my study, i feel lucky to have it tbh. it is balanced perfectly and weighs at most 7 pound i should think, which makes it very comfy to play for long periods without getting tired. the neck is really nice and fast and makes playing easier than any instrument i have had before, its a joy to play. The 4 way switch gives me lots of usable tones to mess about with. its a really versatile bass and i am more than happy with the tones i am getting out of it. it is a beautiful insrtrument and i would recommend Jon to anyone wanting a hand made bass at a really great price. He is a top bloke and his customer service is superb. He made the whole proccess a great experience.
Cheers
Pete