Why become a member? ×

Is it just me?

karlfer

Emailed this guy to tell him, NEW bass £237, NEW case £66, free delivery. So Thomanns will send me the brand new (no buckle rash) bass and case, to my door, for £303.
Why do people expect to pay £240 for an Explorer bass and get £200 back on it a year or so later.
This is the 4th I've seen in that sort of price range, since August and not one of them has sold.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120646027196&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT[/url]

Below is the gentlemans reply
The "no offence" bit is a sarcastic reply to my politeness.
Another FEEBay tit. :)

"if you are not interested in buying the guitar at this price then dont waste your time or my time reading the message.

you are the first person to point this out and i always have a few watchers.

but please "no offense".

- theused_123"

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='1023933' date='Nov 14 2010, 08:43 PM']Maybe he posted it when listings were free last weekend, isn't fussed whether it sells or not so has priced it at what its worth to him to keep it?[/quote]

Perhaps, however I wouldn't like to see somebody who has not had the benefit of Basschat, fork out £400 or so, plus delivery.

I'm sorry but anyone who hasn't got the wherewithal to type the make and model number into Google and then check the shopping results probably shouldn't be using a computer without adult supervision.

We all want to find a bargain, if it's not there then just move on. Something with a more attractive price (to you) will be along shortly.

[quote name='karlfer' post='1023583' date='Nov 14 2010, 04:44 PM']Below is the gentlemans reply
The "no offence" bit is a sarcastic reply to my politeness.
Another FEEBay tit. :)

"if you are not interested in buying the guitar at this price then dont waste your time or my time reading the message.

you are the first person to point this out and i [b]always have a few watchers[/b].

but please "no offense".

- theused_123"[/quote]
Ting!