Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Low End from Nottingham

dbass

Hey guys,

My names Dan, 24, from Nottingham and been playing bass now for 11 years.

Currently rumbling for [url="http://www.sack-sabbath.co.uk"]Sack Sabbath[/url] and [url="http://www.lordaeron.co.uk"]Lordaeron[/url] plus numerous smaller projects and solo work.

Current rig and basses;

Genz-Benz Shuttle Max 12.0
Mark Bass 106 Classic (hopefully changing over to GB Uber cabs in the new year)

Dingwall Combustion 5 - had this since July, absolutely LOVE it. Best bass I've played/owned.
Warwick Thumb BO-4 - bartolini pickups, nordstrand pre-amp. Very hi-fi sounding modern bass. Awesome too.
Warwick Jazzman BO-4 - my first Warwick, battered to hell, sounds great still.
Warwick Corvette Frettless - :)

Erm, love discussing anything bass related so thought this was the best place to come :-D

I have a Twitter over at www.twitter.com/danbassuk and Facebook www.facebook.com/danbassuk

Hope to contribute to the site and look forward to it!

Cheers
Dan

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1020058' date='Nov 11 2010, 01:56 PM']Welcome fellow Nottingham Bassbod.

Are you the same bassist that used to play for Sack Sabbath when Rob did vocals for you? In which case we have met many times! :)

Oh... and enjoy basschat!

Shep[/quote]

Hey Shep!

Nice to meet another fellow Nottingham bass dude :)

Yeh I've been in SS coming up to 4 years next April (Jesus H Christ, that's madness) so was in when Rob was singing! Was you down Magnet a lot mate???

I can't recognise you from that picture but I bet I will face to face! You going to that bass bash thing?

[quote name='dbass' post='1020272' date='Nov 11 2010, 03:40 PM']Hey Shep!

Nice to meet another fellow Nottingham bass dude :)

Yeh I've been in SS coming up to 4 years next April (Jesus H Christ, that's madness) so was in when Rob was singing! Was you down Magnet a lot mate???

I can't recognise you from that picture but I bet I will face to face! You going to that bass bash thing?[/quote]

Yes indeed. Used to rehears the same night as you guys at Magnet (Think I was playing with Sideshow at the time if I recall), have known Rob for about 8 years.

I will see you at the bass bash bud!

Hey Dan

We have gigged together before I am in Taken by the Tide and BloodGuard (was Threnody). I have been wanting to get a gramma pad ever since i borrowed your cab as that was the best bass sound i ever remember getting at the central and getting a good sound there was near impossible.

Andy

[quote name='Dread Bass' post='1020816' date='Nov 11 2010, 11:05 PM']Hey Dan

We have gigged together before I am in Taken by the Tide and BloodGuard (was Threnody). I have been wanting to get a gramma pad ever since i borrowed your cab as that was the best bass sound i ever remember getting at the central and getting a good sound there was near impossible.

Andy[/quote]

It is indeed.
The maze seems very hit and misslately.

Tall and really beautiful
Although it is a black cow, milk, like white.
Jenny love to head down was a little girl, she has felt much longer beautiful enough. One day, [url="http://www.cheapest-ffxiv-gil.com"]FFXIV powerleveling[/url] she went to the jewelry store to buy the only green bow, the owner continue to praise her to wear the pretty bow, Jenny though not the letter, but very happy, are not lifted his head, eager to let everyone see, go out with people bump did not care.
Jenny came into the room, hit her head teacher, "Jenny, tall and beautiful!" Teacher lovingly patted her shoulder and said.
That day, she received many compliments. She wanted the credit must bow, to the mirror can be a photo, simply do not bow the head, must be a jewelry store lost touch with the people.
Self-confidence is a beautiful and original, [url="http://www.ffxivgold.net"]FFXIV powerleveling[/url] and many people have lost too concerned with appearances and a lot of fun.
Tips: whether poor or rich, whether it is Maoruo angel, or plain, as long as you are tall and cute makes you happy - everyone loves the kind of cute.

[quote name='dbass' post='1021039' date='Nov 12 2010, 09:43 AM']@ Dread Bass

Hey man!! I remember that gig, was a right laugh! Your bass look awesome, 6 strings is just beyond me :)

I will bring it to the bass bash if your coming???

What gigs have you got lined up, if I'm not gigging I will lend it ya for a gig.[/quote]

Spot on buddy. My 6 string is an ACG and it's a beast, though I am planning to go to a 7 soon. :s

Gigs wise I'm playing a studio gig on Carlton road tonight then the gaff in London on Wednesday. They are both with taken by the tide.

Then I think we have some gigs coming up on with bloodguard soon. I know we are playing with illuminatus some time.

I am going to try and make it down to the bass bash if I can.

I see you got the gorgoroth gig. That's going to be a great gig. I will try to be there.

• 2 weeks later...