Why become a member? ×

Gibson Thunderbird. £90

solo4652

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1006129' date='Oct 30 2010, 10:47 AM']Blimey![/quote]

Exactly. It surely can't be as it appears, can it? However, if it is and, if the seller gets back to me and, if it's still for sale, and if the seller can give me the Gibson serial number on the headstock, and if he can send me some photos of the rear of the headstock and, if I can convince myself it hasn't been nicked, I might go and see it. Not much chance of that then.

I was viewing this from my phone earlier and didn't click the link. I fear Happy Jack may be right. I might have been worth snapping it up even if it wasn't a Gibby and selling it on but as soon as you see the words "found in a loft" in a description it's time to put your street-smarts hat on.

[quote name='solo4652' post='1006110' date='Oct 30 2010, 10:19 AM']Spotted this on Manchester Gumtree. [url="http://manchester.gumtree.com/manchester/41/64951241.html"]http://manchester.gumtree.com/manchester/41/64951241.html[/url]

What does everybody think? So far, no reply to my emails from the seller.

Steve[/quote]
For tis but a windup :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1006240' date='Oct 30 2010, 01:08 PM']I was viewing this from my phone earlier and didn't click the link. I fear Happy Jack may be right. I might have been worth snapping it up even if it wasn't a Gibby and selling it on but as soon as you see the words "found in a loft" in a description it's time to put your street-smarts hat on.[/quote]

MB1. :lol:
Emailed this guy weeks ago! hes never been back to me, so id say its gone! or the guy who left it has reappeared, and the seller has now been hospitalised! :)

[quote name='MB1' post='1006342' date='Oct 30 2010, 03:01 PM']MB1. :lol:
Emailed this guy weeks ago! hes never been back to me, so id say its gone! or the guy who left it has reappeared, and the seller has now been hospitalised! :)[/quote]

Hi Martin. I didn't think you'd miss this one!

Steve