Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Stage I '91 Blue

warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='120808' date='Jan 15 2008, 02:09 PM']I've had an offer on the Streamer but the guy can't pay till the end of the month... if anyone wants this you effectively have 2 weeks to make your mind up![/quote]

The Race is on I guess...who will win this?

[quote name='Pedro1020' post='120810' date='Jan 15 2008, 02:12 PM']The Race is on I guess...who will win this?[/quote]

The guy is local to me and not a BCer. It would be a shame if this bass didn't stay in the BassChat family so to speak, as it is a great example of the earlier SSI tone and Warwick growl! At the end of the day a sale is a sale so I'm not going to weep if it sells local but I've history with the buyer and I have a feeling the bass will be moved on at a profit later in the year!

[quote name='Pedro1020' post='120820' date='Jan 15 2008, 02:29 PM']lol damn...If only I wasn't fetching for a Warwick Thumb (4,5,6 undecided string) I would have bought this to meet my recently bought 97 Streamer Stage 1

didnt you offer this for £600 on Warwick.de?[/quote]

You had me panicking for a moment there! No it was put up for £700 and subsequently reduced to £640... no point in having different prices I'd better log on and reduce it accordingly!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='120828' date='Jan 15 2008, 02:41 PM']You had me panicking for a moment there! No it was put up for £700 and subsequently reduced to £640... no point in having different prices I'd better log on and reduce it accordingly![/quote]

LMAO! it kinda made me think..it was in the basses for sale section and a member (Andrew O) asking for a Warwick Streamer stg 1

exact quote.
Andrew O:

if u guys wouldnt mind, let me know when a 1990-95?(so its just like zenders) 4 string streamer comes. I don't know if I'll be able to buy it, but I really want one now! Thanks
andrew

Warwickhunt:

Zender had a lot of Warwicks and his first one was older than '90

I assume that you mean a natural finish... shame as I have a blue '91 Stage I available @ £600 (GBP) or depending upon where you are in the world approximately 900 euro, $1200. I realise that it is probably the natural finish you require but it's here if you are interested

------------------------------------
correct it man!

Gah! I hadn't realised that I'd actually said £600. The guy was from the States and I may have had it in my mind to give a ball-park figure of £600 for the conversion to $... Well the bloke from the States could have had an even greater bargain if he'd called my bluff at £600 :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='120840' date='Jan 15 2008, 02:59 PM']Gah! I hadn't realised that I'd actually said £600. The guy was from the States and I may have had it in my mind to give a ball-park figure of £600 for the conversion to $... Well the bloke from the States could have had an even greater bargain if he'd called my bluff at £600 :)[/quote]

Indeed he would have! if only he took advantage ahh well...

lol scrolling down, seeing pics of this tempts me...WHY!?!?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='123340' date='Jan 19 2008, 12:49 PM']12 days to go. Oh and the plasterers been paid... unfortunately the Sparkie has just dropped the bomb shell that there is more work than he quoted for (basstid tradesman)![/quote]

:) lol..shame theres a countdown..I would have considered buying this..if an on hold was given

[quote name='Pedro1020' post='123344' date='Jan 19 2008, 12:57 PM']:huh: lol..shame theres a countdown..I would have considered buying this..if an on hold was given[/quote]

No can do! Unfortunately as they say 'a bird in the hand...' I have a definite sale from a guy who lives in my home town and he's bought from me in the past so I know he's good for his word of paying on the last day of the month! Saying that I'm still holding on to the bass till cash changes hands as experience tells me that deals go pear shaped for the slightest thing. Any way, you appear to be flitting about looking at, and making offers on, a few different Warwicks, I'd be afraid you 'might' change your mind :)

It's SO wrong this hasn't sold.

Warwicks must really polarise opinions - this is an absolute bargain for any Streamer, let alone one that's rare and going to go up in value due to collectability. Is it Warwicks in general, or is it the Streamer?

If I had the cash going spare, I'd have had your arm off - but I've just shelled out for two PRS's.

Madness!