Why become a member? ×

SOLD !!!!"Ex" bass bodies x3

Crikey chaps, all SOLD many thanks. Sorting postage as we speak. I may have to let you know on monday when the post office opens.

Having decided many years ago to build my own basses, I went through a series of designs and trials costing a fair bit of money in wasted woods and parts.
I''ve found three bass bodies origianlly of FOUR string design and goodness knows how old they are, well seasoned!
Not for Fender style necks.
They were being designed more for double octave necks and 12th fret / top horn end area for balance.

The Walnut body did have a fretted neck on it, now missing, believed damaged badly in action!

They all have "brass eyelet" neck bolt recesses.

These could be altered to take a 5 string, humbucker pickups, sanded back and sprayed etc.

These single pieces of wood now sell uncut for about £40

1st .. UK Rippled Ash single piece body
.. with missing front control cavity cover. I think the neck pickup slot is slightly out of alignment, maybe by 1mm.

2nd .. UK Rippled Figured Ash single piece body.
.. with tape holding on back cover plate. Looks like a recess routed on top to allow string loading into the bridge, likely to have been a Schaller 3D.

3rd .. Walnut front with maple back bass and a bit of glue line showing.
plastic control cover, this bass did sound good with a fretted neck and a pair of SDs

How about £10 each, maybe soemone would want all 3 of them for a deal?
Postage .. don't know as yet, collection even better from NE Hants or meet up around the area.

More info whenever needed.

Edited by mybass

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='998104' date='Oct 23 2010, 02:46 PM']I'll take the walnut one please!

LEt me know postage and your paypal address

Cheers

Stuart[/quote]
It is yours sir, many thanks, just looking into postage today.

[quote name='adledman' post='998123' date='Oct 23 2010, 03:05 PM']bloody hell they was cheap!!!! i am gutted!![/quote]

Well, I put a price on that would sell for Basschatters and crikey heck, did they ever!