Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We lost one on Monday

thisnameistaken

Damn, drove past the scene on way back from York with a group on the coach and we were bemused as to why the road was closed as the other vehicle involved seemed to have minimal damage and no other vehicle could be seen! Now we know why and it's a damned sad outcome, RIP to the lad, sounds like he was a goodun and my thoughts are with family and friends :)

[quote name='silddx' post='997675' date='Oct 23 2010, 12:43 AM']That's very sad indeed.

I heard Ari Up died yesterday too. :)[/quote]

Damn thats a shock, she was only a year older than me. Didnt even know she was ill. I had the pleasure of seeing the slits at least a couple of times. I saw them once in 1979 at a great gig that included The slits, Don Cherry, and Prince Hammer, tripple band bill. A fantastic gig.

Punk, Jazz and Reggae all on one night. That was something typical of the Slits though. I saw them again at The Electric Ballroom with The Au Pairs and The Pop Group. I probably saw them other times. I saw so many bands over 4 or 5 years i simply cant recall them all.

It goes without saying there is some great bass on the Slits stuff, the album '[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut_(The_Slits_album)"]Cut'[/url] is a good example.

Edited by daz

[quote name='barneyg42' post='997979' date='Oct 23 2010, 01:07 PM']Damn, drove past the scene on way back from York with a group on the coach and we were bemused as to why the road was closed as the other vehicle involved seemed to have minimal damage and no other vehicle could be seen! Now we know why and it's a damned sad outcome, RIP to the lad, sounds like he was a goodun and my thoughts are with family and friends :)[/quote]

It's a bad stretch of road, looks harmless enough but there are lots of bad accidents there. TBH the A64 all the way up to Malton is dotted with accident blackspots so take care, touring bassists.