Why become a member? ×

John Entwistle

NancyJohnson

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='112894' date='Jan 3 2008, 01:55 PM']I was having a looksie at the Sky listings for the next week or so and there's a show about John Entwistle on Biography (Channel 156) next Wednesday evening. Can't confirm the time...6.00pm I think.

Not a big Ox fan to be honest, but he had (and destroyed) some great gear.

P[/quote]

In his own words he was a "Lead Bass Guitarist" which I guess was quite an unique position for him to be in. He also stuck fervently to 4 strings adding some substance to the 5,6,7,string debates of old. Very rarely do Guitarists step aside for the bass to take over. I doubt Townsend had much of a choice, his Ashdown ASS speaker stack was like manhattan!!! He did a grand job for the fat string.

Anyhow, he's one of my Gods and I'll most certainly be watching. Wonder if theyll have some unseen footage

Col

The Who never blew my Skirt up to be honest (except for a hand full of singles).

There is some fantastic footage of The OX playing a track live on Youtube where they have isolated his bass part. I think it's on "Won't get fooled again" but I could be wrong.

Don't get me wrong, even though I could take or leave The Who...The Ox was truly awsome.

[quote name='Bass_In_Yer_Face' post='117151' date='Jan 9 2008, 04:59 PM']There is some fantastic footage of The OX playing a track live on Youtube where they have isolated his bass part. I think it's on "Won't get fooled again" but I could be wrong.[/quote]
How bizarre......I'd just posted that a couple before you :)

[quote name='Chezz55' post='117764' date='Jan 10 2008, 12:44 PM']I can't get Documentary either.

If anyone out there records the John Entwistle documentary - I would be interested in entering negotiations for a copy.

Cheers.

Chris.[/quote]

me too.