Why become a member? ×

Ibanez GWB35 5-string lined fretless SOLD

niceguyhomer

I bought this new less than a year ago and I've decided it's time to move it on. Despite my dogged persistence, I've decided I'm not, nor am I ever going to be a fretless player so it's not getting played. It's in 'as new' condition and is currently strung with DR Black Beauties - which are 2 weeks old. I've only used flats or coated strings with this so there's no damage to the fretboard apart from the usual very light marks that appear as soon as you start playing the thing.

It sounds immense and is easy to play - it's pretty light too. For the sake of good form, I'll tell you there is one small issue which I believe is fairly common on these basses, there are a couple of fret markers above the 12th fret which aren't fully seated in their slots and so a couple of frets somewhere around the 14th/15th frets choke a bit. Notes below the 12th fret are unaffected. It's never bothered me as I never venture that far up the neck so I've not bothered getting it repaired. I would imagine it's a simple fix with a tube of glue and a steady hand but in any case I've taken this into account with the price.

The bass cost me just over £500 + £45 for the strings so I think [color="#FF0000"][b]£300[/b][/color] is a [s]fair [/s] sorry I meant ridiculous price. If you want the brand new Warwick gig bag I keep it in then I'll be looking for £330 I might be tempted to trade upwards with cash from me for a nice Ray or Spector and might consider a good 2x10 cab.

I'd prefer collection but will deliver / meet within a reasonable distance - sorry I'm not posting.

Edited by niceguyhomer

I can't begin to tell you how much I love mine. It's a fabulous bass, and the only one I'll use at home now. Massive low B, tight and punchy highs, loads of low end, I love mine to bits.

I love mine so much, I've thought seriously about finding the ridiculously over priced Japanese made version, but at over 3 grand I doubt that'll happen any time soon.

Wonderful bass this, and highly recommended by me.

• 2 weeks later...