Why become a member? ×

Hartke Kilo head news...

fretmeister

I was going to get one myself. Then they just ponced about with the amp for 3 years re-designing it. Now, I'd be surprised if it was awful as I think Hartke make good stuff, but to fiddle with something for almost 3 years is totally insane. I read stuff like they were trying to take the weight down. It's a Hartke!! They're always heavy!! :)

In the end, I got fed up waiting and just bought loads of rack gear which does the same thing as it, but is more flexible. It did however, cost lots more.... (cough, cough)....

Cheers fretmeister - I also saw a convo on TalkBass where he hinted at a thought for D-Class head, obviously to rival the 'lightweight' market. Whether or not it will happen, I don't know - but I'd love to give the Kilo a whirl, especially if they can keep the weight in check.

The way I see it I'd rather they spent 3 years getting it right before releasing it than spend 3 years fixing the problems that should have been found in R&D - the lightweight offerings from GK are a prime example - they're up to release version 7 now I believe... Having said that Larry probably should have kept the Kilo idea quite rather than saying 'coming soon'.