Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz question

Lenny B

I've a GB Shuttle 3.0-10 Combo (bought from this site), which is great.
I've also the Shuttle 2-10 Extension Cab (also via BC), which I'll be gigging for the first time this weekend.

Now, the combo balances nicely on top of the cab, but if I want to detach the head and use it just with the 2x10, because the carrying handle is on top of the speaker, the head won't lie flat. It's unlikely to slip or fall on its own, but doesn't look great and could easily be knocked.

Other than putting the head on a nearby table or something, does anyone have any suggestions / tips? I had a look on the GB site but couldn't see any gadgets that may solve this.

Cheers
Len

[quote name='Lenny B' post='987097' date='Oct 13 2010, 04:21 PM']I've a GB Shuttle 3.0-10 Combo (bought from this site), which is great.
I've also the Shuttle 2-10 Extension Cab (also via BC), which I'll be gigging for the first time this weekend.

Now, the combo balances nicely on top of the cab, but if I want to detach the head and use it just with the 2x10, because the carrying handle is on top of the speaker, the head won't lie flat. It's unlikely to slip or fall on its own, but doesn't look great and could easily be knocked.

Other than putting the head on a nearby table or something, does anyone have any suggestions / tips? I had a look on the GB site but couldn't see any gadgets that may solve this.

Cheers
Len[/quote]

You something to just raise the head up... maybe some rubber feet attached to the cab so the head can still go onto the original cab?

either that or lie the 2x10 down.. my old GB 2x12 used to sound great on its side

[quote name='jonunders' post='987145' date='Oct 13 2010, 04:56 PM']what about a piece of mdf or ply, cut to size and covered with a suitable material, with a slot cut into it to sit over the cab handle.
just a suggestion i have now experience of this problem.[/quote]

Ah - that requires more work than hitting 'Buy It Now' on Ebay...
A possible project.

I think my short term solution is take the combo too for a 300W 3x10 stack!

[quote name='Lenny B' post='987097' date='Oct 13 2010, 04:21 PM']I've a GB Shuttle 3.0-10 Combo (bought from this site), which is great.

Cheers
Len[/quote]
you could always try my cheapo option :

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13344&pid=695295&st=340&#entry695295"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry695295[/url]

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='987203' date='Oct 13 2010, 05:54 PM']you could always try my cheapo option :

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13344&pid=695295&st=340&#entry695295"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry695295[/url][/quote]

I think we have a winner!
Nice one, thanks

Does seem to be one of the crap bits of design with the Shuttle series.

I rather like the way Ibanez recess the handle into the top of their cabs. Even though the head mounts in the rear, this gives the cab a usefully flat top - genius.

I've got a Shuttle 10-T cab that I use with my TC RH450 for home & practice use. Thankfully, the feet on the RH450 are *just* tall enough to get round this problem.

When I had my Shuttle I used a cab stand.

I sat my Schroeder 1212L on the stand and had, believe it or not. a DVD bracket designed to attach to a tube portable TV bracket.

The only way to describe it was that it was designed to go round the sides of the DVD/VHS player and attach to the TV bracket above it.

Anyhoo, I attached this bracket to my cab stand below the cab and attached the amp to it with the same size bolts that attach it to the combo but since you have the combo you can use the combo bolts assuming they come all the way out.

It made for a very neat solution and a handy pointy towards you monitor thingy.

Picture of the cab stand when I was using the GK head - the amp sat below the cab

[url="http://img136.imageshack.us/i/dsc02045smalljh3.jpg/"][/url]

Edited by Delberthot