Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 1966 Fender Custom Shop Jazz Bass

ade

I'm selling my 1966 Fender Jazz bass, built by Fender's master luthier Mark Kendrick.

It's a limited edition (1 of 100) finished in antique goldmist with a cream bound rosewood fingerboard, cream pickguard, paddle tuners, ash tray and pickup bridge. It comes with Fender's black tolex case, certificate & lead. It's got a low action and pure jazz bass tone. There are some dings on the body and the parts are aged by the custom shop.

I paid £2,800 for it but would reluctantly let it go for £2,100.

If you're in the market for a custom shop relic etc, then this could be of interest to you, and hopefully will increase it's value over time as it's 1 of 100.

Here is a picture of it (and me....)

Edited by ade

• 2 months later...

>>I seem to recall these were not matching headstock.....<<

they weren't..... except for this one, which is mine :-) I have it on good authority (good enough- alex at the bass gallery in london) that of the 100, only one had a matching headstock.
needles to sew, I bit his arm off.

actually, got this in a straight swap for a 1971 s/burst jass which was in the shop for a refret. I'd been after a 66 (dots, bound neck) for a long time, so we were both pleased.

(you can see some of the rest of my accumulation there- the P is a 1974-5 refinished in olympic white. not pretty, but a decent player.)

d.

[quote name='duncandisorderly' post='1076302' date='Jan 3 2011, 02:16 PM']>>I seem to recall these were not matching headstock.....<<

they weren't..... except for this one, which is mine :-) I have it on good authority (good enough- alex at the bass gallery in london) that of the 100, only one had a matching headstock.
needles to sew, I bit his arm off.

actually, got this in a straight swap for a 1971 s/burst jass which was in the shop for a refret. I'd been after a 66 (dots, bound neck) for a long time, so we were both pleased.

(you can see some of the rest of my accumulation there- the P is a 1974-5 refinished in olympic white. not pretty, but a decent player.)

d.[/quote]
Never mind the Jbass :) - That stack of cases is quite something!