Why become a member? ×

YES - "Going For The One" recording session

Stingray5

[quote name='gelfin' post='977754' date='Oct 4 2010, 10:15 PM'][/quote]
Now that's just being bloody greedy. :)
Now you've got a nice shiny new set you won't be needing those tatty old Taurus 1's anymore - I'll do you a favour & take them off your hands. £75.00 & I'll even come & get them. :lol:

I'd LOVE a set of Taurus pedals. How do the new ones compare to the old ones?

Hi just as Moog claimed the Taurus 3's copy of the original T1 sound engine is indistinguishable from the original. The Taurus 3 offers a huge amount more than the 1.

52 presets available 48 of which are user programmable. Midi control of external devices and the reverse. Arpeggiator.

Still learning how to use them properly. The T1's will undergo a refurbishment with a new contact board which has the old(iffy) contacts replaced with switches, and a general tidy up. I may eventually sell them? but it would take a BIG offer to persaude me to part with them

[quote name='RhysP' post='977078' date='Oct 4 2010, 12:45 PM']It's a great album that, along with "Drama", really doesn't deserve the terrible reputation it's got.
Squires "Harmonised Rickenbacker" sound on Tormato is wonderful, possibly my favourite bass sound of all time.[/quote]

haha :) finally some Yes admirers! good to see you guys! absolute agree with you,mate! Tormato is my fav' all time Yes album. I remember back then, in the eighties (when I started to listen Yes, I was 16) Tormato is being flamed all around, and still is. never understood to these days why, but then, critics are usually bunch of hearing impaired people...

(also I do love Drama and tales from topografic Ocean.....)

[quote name='dr1' post='978292' date='Oct 5 2010, 01:19 PM']haha :) finally some Yes admirers! good to see you guys! absolute agree with you,mate! Tormato is my fav' all time Yes album. I remember back then, in the eighties (when I started to listen Yes, I was 16) Tormato is being flamed all around, and still is. never understood to these days why, but then, critics are usually bunch of hearing impaired people...

(also I do love Drama and tales from topografic Ocean.....)[/quote]
I loved Tormato when I was 16ish too. And Drama. TFTO is a different matter :lol:

[quote name='silddx' post='978335' date='Oct 5 2010, 12:44 PM']I loved Tormato when I was 16ish too. And Drama. TFTO is a different matter :)[/quote]

so you aren't fan of TFTO? well, it's a "strange" one. all three albums mentioned are different pretty much.

[quote name='silddx' post='978335' date='Oct 5 2010, 01:44 PM']I loved Tormato when I was 16ish too. And Drama. TFTO is a different matter :)[/quote]

My name's Mike an I liked Yes in 1979 when I was 16-ish too (although I never would have admitted it then) and still do.
Had all their albums and all individual members solo albums, including Olias of Sunhillow; Oh dear! up until Tormato.
Also saw them 3 times.

Thank you for helping me finally admit that sildxx. Going to spotify Relayer now

Going back to the OP you may notice in the video that Rick is shown at the start playing a huge Cathedral organ and is not in the studio. If I remember correctly the sound from the organ was sent down the Swiss telephone system to the studio. The organ was in Vevey and it was done in real time. There's a thread about it on the yesfans form.

[url="http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?t=1767"]http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?t=1767[/url]