Why become a member? ×

Praise for Marshall

GT40Graham

Hi All,

Some of you may remember my post about my new Marshall MB4210 combo which overheated at a gig and started cutting out. Believe me, I was not impressed. Anyway, the amp and extension cab (MBC115) were returned to MB Music from where I bought them (online) and they were then shipped back to Marshall who said that they would treat this as urgent. The outcome was that amp needed a new mainboard which would take 2 weeks to arrive, they couldn't replace the amp at that time as they didn't have any in stock. Fair enough.

After 3 weeks there was no sign of the mainboard so after contacting Marshall, I was told that I was getting a replacement amp which could be another 2-3 weeks. Not impressed at all.

I kicked off a bit with Marshall and also referred this back to Martin at MB Music.

[b]The Result[/b]:

At no extra charge, Marshall upgraded me to the MB4410 combo (4 x 10" as opposed to 2 x 10") and chucked in a free cover as I'd already bought one for the MB4210. Now I was impressed.

I'd like to publicly thank Marshall and also [url="http://www.guitarandampshop.co.uk/"]MB Music[/url] in Bognor whose aftersales service has been exemplary.

I'll tell you one thing though, the new MB4410 weighs a ******* ton!

Regards,

Edited by GT40Graham

I've never had a problem with my Marshall bass amps, but recently had an issue with a 15 year old Valvestate guitar amp. Dropped it off at Bletchley on a Tuesday, picked it up on Friday having been serviced, new valve and 2 pots fitted, all for £40, plus they called me on my mobile as I wasn't at home to tell me it was done.

[quote name='bassmachine2112' post='982373' date='Oct 9 2010, 10:46 AM']hiho,having used a mb450 head and peavey cabs for a few years now I have had no bother whatsoever apart from changing the pre-amp valve in the classic channel.
Very loud and it has it,s own sound.[/quote]

Out of interest, did you change the valve for anything special?

Regards,

[quote name='TheRockinRoadie' post='977636' date='Oct 4 2010, 08:48 PM']Right this is REALLY annoying for me, i had 3 MB4210s blow up on me, and then my MBC115 cab blew the crossover, in the space of 3 weeks. Marshall did NOTHING and couldnt care less.[/quote]

Your experience of Marshall service seems so different to other peoples, I just wonder if you were in direct contact with them or going through a distributor?

I changed the valve cause it had a crack and went microphonic so I got one from my guitar player who had a few spares for his head and all has been well since.
It was a 5 minute fix.
I have often thought about trying some of my nos stock of valves-rca,mazda, and see/hear the difference.
If any one has tried out different pre amp valves then a report of their findings would be very interesting or maybe the difference is nothing to worry about.
maybe have a go myself one day,mind you if it aint broke.

[quote name='GT40Graham' post='973602' date='Oct 1 2010, 09:35 AM']I'd like to publicly thank Marshall and also [url="http://www.guitarandampshop.co.uk/"]MB Music[/url] in Bognor whose aftersales service has been exemplary.

I'll tell you one thing though, the new MB4410 weighs a ******* ton!

Regards,[/quote]

I bought the 4410 from Martin at MB Music too, great service, great shop! And yes, it does weigh a ***** ton............

Jas