Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

'52 Precision

clauster

'bought from the original owner's widow' - aye for about 2 bob probably - 'I'll take that nasty old thing off you dear, hee hee'

Possibly a very old refin? The ones I've seen had marking where the scratchplate is where they actually disintegrate over the years so that will most likely not be an original one but I'm not seeing any marks there.

And it does appear to be in very, very good condition for a musician's tool that is almost 60 years old - a dog or a careful owner?

Edited by Delberthot

[quote name='Delberthot' post='970695' date='Sep 28 2010, 02:13 PM']And it does appear to be in very, very good condition for a musician's tool that is almost 60 years old - a dog or a careful owner?[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. If it is genuine though :wub:

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='971062' date='Sep 28 2010, 07:36 PM']Does he just have some really nice stuff and just shows it off on eBay?[/quote]

Aside from the long running issue/feud over an 'allegedly' refinished CAR Jazz, 2-G-A would appear able to unearth a regular supply of museum quality stock. However, from reading his descriptions over the years the devil is in the detail; you have to read his ads as if they were written by an Estate Agent and it can be as much what is not said, as what is said! :)

Well I will have his [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1982-Gibson-Les-Paul-1959-Standard-Reissue-RARE-ONE-OFF-/360304084414?pt=Guitar&hash=item53e3cc05be"]LP[/url] if the big-assed bint comes as part of the deal :lol:
Sneaking another guitar past 'er indoors is childs play compared to explaining that :)