Why become a member? ×

Sterling Ray 34 - Stingray from the Far East

stingrayfan

My oiled one has never been touched in 8 years with no problems at all,In fact a certain BC'er did a setup on it for me recently and we expected the wheel would need a turn by now but it was spot on and its had plenty of use too.My pre EB came from Florida and needed a little bit of straightening out but like MTB says it settled straight away and has not needed touching after that initial tweek.They are both always sharp across all four strings when I first pick them up then they settle back in tune which is why I never tune up to quickly, Whats that about?

[quote name='mcnach' post='975296' date='Oct 2 2010, 06:52 PM']different environment, maybe warmer?changes in humidity? those things will affect the set up. It's not unusual for certain instruments to need a tweak as seasons change...[/quote]

I don't really think so. Not significantly anyway. It just started buzzing a day or two later. This was about a month ago and I haven't had time to go back there. I'll take it to my usual place and see how it goes. If it still doesn't work out then its getting sold.