Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Fender New American Series Jazz Olympic White/Maple Board/Tort Guard

Musicman20

Fender American Standard Jazz Bass

This bass, as most of this new American Standard, has excellent balance and a smooth neck. Great tight neck pockets, excellent finish, and great line up with the pole pieces on the pups. I got this from the Bass Merchant and it was checked over before I picked it up.

I cannot weigh it, but its not even slightly heavy. Id say its pretty much low to mid weight. Probably the lightest Fender Ive currently got.

The sound? Exactly what you expect from an American Jazz; punch, grindy, and growly. Jazz growl like you'd expect. String it with flats and the bass transforms! Just the back pickup, and you get the nice Jacoish solo tone.

Still has hanging tags, and the plastic covering on the guard and tuners. As most of you might know, im ultra fussy with QC, and this passed all my usual checks I make before buying. Basically, this is shop condition, but with no issues. Looking at it, youd think no one had touched it.

As with all new Fenders, you get:

Brand new unmarked excellent new hardcase + case candy
Rolled fingerboard edges
High Mass Bridge
String through body or through bridge
Excellent maple board that gleams!
Lighter tuner keys
Flat pole pieces on the pickups

No wear, no marks, immaculate. Medium-low action, factory strings (still lots of life). Its seen barely [u]any[/u] action as Ive been studying my LPC, quit my old band, and moved! No marks on the neck, no fret wear, and the stock strings still sound new!

The cheapest Ive seen is £900. [url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75234"]http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/75234[/url]. They retail for more than this.

[color="#FF0000"][size=4]I'd like £690 for it which is very fair considering how 'new' it literally is. [/size][/color]

Id also consider trades for the following: EBMM Bongo 5, EBMM Sterling 4 or 5, EBMM Stingray 5, EBMM Stingray 2 Band. Ill consider other basses as well, so just PM me. Id only like to stay at the same level of price, or above not below when it comes to trade. So my Jazz straight trade or my Jazz + cash depending on the bass.

Uninsured/standard shipping is cheaper (£15 or so), and insured shipping is around £30, maybe a little less. This will be through Interparcel, who I have used before, and Ive been more than impressed. You can also arrange your own courier if you like.

I can also possibly meet within 1 hour of Newcastle, for around £10 of fuel.

If you are local, feel free to ask for a test and obviously this will save shipping.

PM any offers or questions. Im happy to help. As per my feedback, I REALLY look after my gear.

Normal procedure is cash on collection, or bank transfer/paypal before collection/dispatching to your address.

Trade Pending

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='davebass66' post='957922' date='Sep 16 2010, 01:52 AM']As well as the P bass?
How come you're selling all your new basses?!...[/quote]

I think Im just selling one...whichever goes first, then the other might get withdrawn. Main reason is I have too many!

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='958197' date='Sep 16 2010, 12:06 PM']Bloody hell, i would have had this last month.

Sounds like your really having a clear out. To make way for......?

Tell you what, put this neck on the P and ill buy the P off you :-)[/quote]

Kinda a change over....but not entirely sure yet. I think Im keeping one of these and it might be the P bass. Not sure yet...

PS More pics coming tonight.

New as in never gigged, still has the plastic on the tuners/pickguard, and probably just had about 10 hours home use. I've had a busy 6 months and this hasn't been used.

There is a potential trade going ahead, but if not will update everyone. Still open to offers at the moment until trade 100% going ahead.