Why become a member? ×

What on earth is this

throwoff

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1972-pink-fender-precision-bass-guitar-/280559581953?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4152a77b01"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1972-pink-fender-pre...=item4152a77b01[/url]

Is this fake? Real? Refin? what is it!!!
Look at the photo of the bridge, the strings are not at the right angle are they... or am I going squiffy?

The neck and case look fine from the pics, i wouldnt be too concerned with that. But Throwoff is right, the bridge looks totally pissd. Says the body is probably not original.
This seems like a genuine sale, all the info is there, any buyer would know what they are getting in my opinion.

She isn't at it, I think she just has no idea about pricing - I guess she thinks it's an old "Fender" so it must be worth a fortune. She's unlikely to get any bids at that price.

The pics are terrible but it's a bitsa alright. If I remember rightly one of the issues with the BA1 bridge as fitted to this was that it was way too high for Ps & Js, hence the BAII being much lower-profile. It's hard to tell from the pics but it does look like the neck's been shimmed so it stands very proud from the body, presumably to get a playable action. That and the novelty bridge angle makes it look like a proper bodge job.

And what's with the two metal doorhandles (I hesitate to call them strap buttons!) sticking out of the bottom of it?

Jon.