Why become a member? ×

Markbass SuperSynth

samuel

[quote name='samuel' post='954453' date='Sep 13 2010, 10:24 AM']Hello peeps, Has anyone had a play with a supersynth pedal? was thinking of getting one but would like some advice...

thanks[/quote]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44555&st=80"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44555&st=80[/url]

some of this may help.. :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='955695' date='Sep 14 2010, 08:34 AM']No expression or midi. It's a shame, BUT it's still a nice pedal without. The presets are good, but I have now overwritten all of them. Once you plug it into the computer you have so much control over the Oscilators that the sounds are endless.[/quote]

cool, can i be a little cheeky and ask if you can post some of your settings as i get lost when trying to program sounds and end up back with the presets and with a sulk lol

[quote name='samuel' post='955736' date='Sep 14 2010, 09:29 AM']cool, can i be a little cheeky and ask if you can post some of your settings as i get lost when trying to program sounds and end up back with the presets and with a sulk lol[/quote]

Course. Might take me a day or so, but I'll try and take some screen shots for you.

A few of the sounds you will prob hate, as they are real odd ring-mod type sounds and very thin. Used for ambient weirdness in my Drum&Bass stuff. There are a few cool ones I have set up, plus 3 solid octave tones.

Bear in mind its set for use with my bass and amp combination and you will prob have to readjust the volume of each preset to suit you.

I'll pop something up soon.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='956265' date='Sep 14 2010, 05:28 PM']Course. Might take me a day or so, but I'll try and take some screen shots for you.

A few of the sounds you will prob hate, as they are real odd ring-mod type sounds and very thin. Used for ambient weirdness in my Drum&Bass stuff. There are a few cool ones I have set up, plus 3 solid octave tones.

Bear in mind its set for use with my bass and amp combination and you will prob have to readjust the volume of each preset to suit you.

I'll pop something up soon.[/quote]

thanks that would be a great help

Right, here are my settings. 2 pics for each of the Synth tones, one of the Dynamics page and one of the Oscillators page. Some of these sounds are very odd and quite harsh, but are used sparingly. I've given them a brief description below…

I use this with my Roscoe 6 string Fretless, light gauge strings, and through a TC Electronics BG500 210. Tonally the settings below work great with that combination.

You may need to use your PC's zoom function to read all the exact numbers!

[size=3][b]Synth Section -[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Synth Preset 1 - Odd Vibrato, Discordant Ring Mod Tone[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Synth Preset 2 - Synth droning sound[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Synth Preset 3- More Vibrato, Discordant Ring Mod sounds, but on a higher pitch than Preset 1[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Synth Preset 4 - Electric 'surge' sounding envelope[/b][/size]

To be continued...

Edited by pantherairsoft

Continued…

[size=3][b]Synth Preset 5 - Grumbly fuzz overtone with clear separation from clean bass - like 2 instruments[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Synth Preset 6 - Another fuzzy overtone with clear separation, but with a hint of Ring Mod[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Synth Preset 7 - Fat classic synth - one I use more of[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Synth Preset 8 - Slow gritty enveloped synth[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Synth Preset 9 - Slow smooth trance keys sound (very good on higher notes)[/b][/size]

To be continued...

Edited by pantherairsoft

Continued…

[size=3][b]Octave Section (A little easier)…[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Octave Preset 1 - Clean Octave Down[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Octave Preset 2 - Octave down with clean & grit[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Octave Preset 3 - Slip octaves with fuzz[/b][/size]

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='957561' date='Sep 15 2010, 07:21 PM']Continued…

[size=3][b]Octave Section (A little easier)…[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Octave Preset 1 - Clean Octave Down[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Octave Preset 2 - Octave down with clean & grit[/b][/size]

[size=3][b]Octave Preset 3 - Slip octaves with fuzz[/b][/size]
[/quote]

thanks shep, your a star will give these a try mate