Why become a member? ×

Help For Heroes - BBC 1 Tonight

AndyTravis

This guy is bloody ridiculous....anyone know who he is?

Making Robbie Williams sound good!>?!

Let Me Entertain is now worth listening to!

Cheeky little runs galore, playing a Black Fender Precision through an Ashdown (or at least he's standing in front of an Ashdown - sounds a bit too good, and it's not on fire, so i doubt it's plugged in).

Anyhow, very glad i waited around to watch this, his band are f***ing ace. For a gash tune.

Trav

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='954072' date='Sep 12 2010, 09:38 PM']This guy is bloody ridiculous....anyone know who he is?

Cheeky little runs galore, playing a Black Fender Precision through an Ashdown (or at least he's standing in front of an Ashdown - sounds a bit too good, and it's not on fire, so i doubt it's plugged in).

Anyhow, very glad i waited around to watch this, his band are f***ing ace. For a gash tune.

Trav[/quote]
[u]
Jerry Meehan[/u] did his last album. He plays a black P IIRC.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='954072' date='Sep 12 2010, 09:38 PM']This guy is bloody ridiculous....anyone know who he is?

Trav[/quote]

Har har, thats what an Ashdown sounds like, duno what sh[b]i[/b]te you're playing through :)

[quote name='Protium' post='954095' date='Sep 12 2010, 09:56 PM']Har har, thats what an Ashdown sounds like, duno what sh[b]i[/b]te you're playing through :)[/quote]

hee hee, lucky you...

I spent 3 years as a dealer watching a 7 in 10 return rate.

Either way, this guy is making it sound good.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='954100' date='Sep 12 2010, 10:02 PM']hee hee, lucky you...

I spent 3 years as a dealer watching a 7 in 10 return rate.

Either way, this guy is making it sound good.[/quote]

Yawn, yawn, here we go again - slag off Ashdown time. :) Mine's never gone wrong..... :rolleyes:

Edited by guzzibass

right ok...

I have a thing against them because i wasted seemingly endless hours sending them back for 3 or 4 years.

End of Ashdown discussion.

I was talking about the bass player, and the amp thing was a passing joke, for my own amusement, if not other peoples (obviously).

Anyhow, i'm off to hunt out people slagging off Fenders and Rickenbackers, and Slap Bass...i'm mortified.

Making Robbie Williams sound good!>?

Trav[/quote]

Yeah his band are always good - Robbie over-works it imo. And the duet with GB was toe-curling!!! :)

Edited by guzzibass

I have a very mojo'd 78 P bass with a P retro, and i can dial in that sound no problem, even through my EBS. Having said that, my old Ashdown used to deliver a very similar sound....

[quote name='Protium' post='954095' date='Sep 12 2010, 09:56 PM']Har har, thats what an Ashdown sounds like, duno what sh[b]i[/b]te you're playing through :)[/quote]

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='954081' date='Sep 12 2010, 09:46 PM']EDIT:

COME UNDONE > WALK ON THE WILD SIDE > SWING LOW, SWEET CHARIOT medley?

f***ing STUPID[/quote]

MB1. :)
...What No Rudebox? :rolleyes:
...Is he still getting the Audience to Sing the High Bits?

Edited by MB1

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='954131' date='Sep 12 2010, 10:19 PM']The ABM gear didn't go wrong as seperates...

The Combos did...

Anyhow, i don't lose sleep over it anymore, as we stopped being a dealer in 2007 ish.

Probably all much better now though eh?

Sorry i upset the Ashdown owners Club.

Love to all Ashdown owners...[/quote]

Chill baby, I was only kidding :)

Jerry Meehan is a great player, heard him on an Omar album a while back and he's damn funky. Used to be Chris Sharrock on kit who's a local guy, but he moved on to Oasis (Noel Gallagher apparently saw an opportunity to piss both his brother Liam off by hiring a Robbie Williams band member, and then piss Robbie off by stealing his drummer... hilarious move :) ).

Yolanda Charles will always remain my favourite RW bassist though.

Well, that's one question helpfully answered by the lovely people at Basschat! I too was wondering who was playing bass for RW last night.

Now for my next question: anybody have a roadworn black P-Bass that I can have? :)

On another matter, what is it with the BBC and the mix on their live performances? The mix last night was just shocking at times. Yes we want to hear the vocals, but we also want to hear the rest of the mix too! Glastonbury was just as shocking, and it starts to make things unwatchable.

Ah see, i never had an issue with how Ashdown gear sounded, a little muffled for my tastes, but, nice enough.

His playing on 'Let Me Entertain You' was fantastic, i'm tring to find it on youtube.

well, i say trying, i mean 'i'm about to go looking....'

EDIT - NOWT

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='M-Bass-M' post='954413' date='Sep 13 2010, 09:42 AM']what is it with the BBC and the mix on their live performances?[/quote]
+1 Tonight With Jonathon Ross always had the crappiest mixes, Later is often another victim of a deaf sound guy.