Why become a member? ×

Sandberg JJ5 NOW SOLD

G-funk45

In light of buying a couple of basses last week it is with a heavy heart that I have to move on this wonderful bass.

This particular bass is an early custom shop model and is finished in a lovelly red accompanied with a delicate soft aged finish. Lovelly rosewood finger board and 2 Delano J pickups powered by active bass and treble pre amp complete the picture.

Some details copied form the Sandberg website:

[size=3]NECK
6 x bolted / canadian hardrock maple

FRETBOARD
22 frets

SCALE
864 mm / 34"

HARDWARE sandberg
PICKUP 2 Delano J-style

PREAMP sandberg 2-band, active / passive, passive tone control
[/size]

Comes complete with pristine original gig bag and all tools, and I will throw in some strap locks too.

This is a truely wonderful bass and one that I would love to keep but off to university soon so need to realise some cash in my possesions so sadly this need to go. I am hoping to get £720 for it and for obvious reasons no trades please.

Please excuse the photos, lighting in my flat is terrible but will upload better pictures as soon as I can.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by G-funk45

[quote name='larssonanton' post='951856' date='Sep 10 2010, 02:31 PM']This is a 34" or a 35" scale? And what year is it built?[/quote]

Sorry, confusion regarding copied text from Sandberg website. This bass is 34" scale.

All Sandberg 35" scales are made to order I believe.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='951864' date='Sep 10 2010, 02:37 PM']I got excited as I thought it was orange from the photos, but the description says red, boooo.[/quote]

You see, this is where it gets a bit confusing. Its certainly not what you would call a red red if you know what I mean. Its not a million miles away from the Fender fiesta red used on the new Squier P Bass if that makes sense. Sadly, it isnt a solid orange either though that would be cool.

The photos dont really do it justice so as soon as I get a chance to take some outdoor pictures to show exactly what it looks like I will do.

Hope that helps.

The year is 2006 and having just measured it, the scale is definately 34".

I can only assume that if you are right that all pre 2009 strings were 35" that the scale reduction was a custom feature, thus confirming the custom shop tag on the headstock. Obviously I can only assume this as I bought this second hand off the original owner.

Thanks for all the interest.

[quote name='G-funk45' post='951922' date='Sep 10 2010, 03:39 PM']The year is 2006 and having just measured it, the scale is definately 34".

I can only assume that if you are right that all pre 2009 strings were 35" that the scale reduction was a custom feature, thus confirming the custom shop tag on the headstock. Obviously I can only assume this as I bought this second hand off the original owner.

Thanks for all the interest.[/quote]
My old KT5 (about 2005/6) was 34'' and wasn't custom.

[quote name='martthebass' post='952211' date='Sep 10 2010, 08:09 PM']My old KT5 (about 2005/6) was 34'' and wasn't custom.[/quote]

Good for you.

As I said, I can only assume the origins of the bass based on the information to hand. The fact that it says 'custom shop instrument' leads me to believe that it is in fact a custom shop item.

Edited by G-funk45

[quote name='G-funk45' post='952399' date='Sep 11 2010, 12:56 AM']Good for you.

As I said, I can only assume the origins of the bass based on the information to hand. The fact that it says 'custom shop instrument' leads me to believe that it is in fact a custom shop item.[/quote]
I don't believe I said anything that contradicted that. Merely pointed out that not all sub 2009 Sandberg 5s were 35".
Good luck with the sale

[quote name='uzzell' post='957754' date='Sep 15 2010, 09:56 PM']How is this still availible? Its criminal that top basses arent going for the right money.

Have a bump and good luck.

P.S - Please someone buy it so I dont end up selling a kidney for it. :rolleyes:[/quote]

You're right, it does seem strange that I cant seem to shift it. I'm not sure if it is this item or the market in general but sadly for me this is still here and I could really do with shifting it. Anyone? :)