Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

hartke lh500

ianSB

is there anyone who actually has anything bad to say about this amp ?
ive seen a lot of people suggesting it
i was wondering as im thinking about getting it as a spare
and which would be better for me a hartke lh500 or terror bass
i use an ampeg 610 and i play classic rock
thanks from ian

It doesnt have Speakon connectors (only really real gripe I have)

It is a little bit hissy (not enough to worry about)

Its more expensive than it was

The tone stack controls take a bit of getting used to

Its heavier than a very lightweight thing (but again not so heavy as to be a real issue at all)

Thats about it....

I used to use TE gear, and I spent forever faffing on with the 11 band EQ.... The Hartke just sounds good. Plain and simple! It's very difficult if not impossible to find a setting on it that isn't useful and musical. It could maybe use a bit more boost in the mid-range - but I guess that also depends on your bass/cabinet arrangement... Through my Ashdown MAG410s it sounds a bit mid-shy, but through the BF Compact it just SHOUTS in the mids!! :rolleyes:

It may be bigger and heavier than MarkBass, Genz Benz and other such bonsai amps - but its far lighter than what I was used to!

I haven't noticed the "hissiness" either - but I guess it depends on how and when you use it and what you are used to.

For the price (I paid £180 second hand) you just can't go wrong.

Oh, and it's bloody loud too! :)

Can't comment on the Orange as i've never used one - but it's a lot more money isn't it?

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' post='951830' date='Sep 10 2010, 02:00 PM']I used to use TE gear, and I spent forever faffing on with the 11 band EQ.... The Hartke just sounds good. Plain and simple! It's very difficult if not impossible to find a setting on it that isn't useful and musical. It could maybe use a bit more boost in the mid-range - but I guess that also depends on your bass/cabinet arrangement... Through my Ashdown MAG410s it sounds a bit mid-shy, but through the BF Compact it just SHOUTS in the mids!! :rolleyes:

It may be bigger and heavier than MarkBass, Genz Benz and other such bonsai amps - but its far lighter than what I was used to!

I haven't noticed the "hissiness" either - but I guess it depends on how and when you use it and what you are used to.

For the price (I paid £180 second hand) you just can't go wrong.

Oh, and it's bloody loud too! :)

Can't comment on the Orange as i've never used one - but it's a lot more money isn't it?[/quote]

I had one as a backup and I'd wholeheartedly concur with Conan on everything he's said!