Why become a member? ×

Are some Basschat Topics & posts getting out of hand?

silverfoxnik

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='109491' date='Dec 26 2007, 02:47 PM']But its the overly-sensitive "others" that I've pretty much given up on. If you find it offensive, thats fine. But I won't be hypocritical and retract anything I've said, because the truth is I really don't care. Life is too short to try and please people who will never get your sense of humour. This forum is not a popularity contest.[/quote]

+1

Yep.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

[quote name='Machines' post='109557' date='Dec 26 2007, 05:04 PM']The new regime begins in the new year.

You guys get to wear the funky orange !

[/quote]

But won't those dust masks hinder the Mods in showing massive levels of favouritism to their buddies?

[quote name='Machines' post='109557' date='Dec 26 2007, 05:04 PM']The new regime begins in the new year.

You guys get to wear the funky orange !

[/quote]

the one nearest in the shot is rebellious, see how he has his shirt tucked up slightly

[quote name='TheBigBeefChief' post='109491' date='Dec 26 2007, 02:47 PM']But its the overly-sensitive "others" that I've pretty much given up on. If you find it offensive, thats fine. [b]But I won't be hypocritical and retract anything I've said, because the truth is I really don't care. Life is too short[/b] to try and please people who will never get your sense of humour. This forum is not a popularity contest.[/quote]
you see mate, I do enjoy your twisted humor sometimes, but you've just described youself as an ass!

also, you complained that

[quote]To be honest, I've given up with a few people on here. [b]You claim to be an inclusive forum, but by beeing so overly sensitive you actually achieved the opposite[/b]. Anyone with a [b]slightly different[/b] view point/sense of humour is made to feel [b]unwelcome pretty quickly.[/b][/quote]
the fact is that you cross the line sometimes. the fact that you refuse to use any sort of smilies really doesn't help - especially when you make those inflammatory post you seem to enjoy. anyway, that's you stepping on some members toes, and that's the reason they don't care much for making you feel welcome.

now, I'm not tutoring you - I'm merely stating my view on what's happened.

Guest TheBigBeefChief

This how online "community" thing is really a load of nonsense. I think a few people take these boards slightly too seriously. I come on here, its informative, can be a laugh, but its no substitue for reality. I could never describe someone who I speak to on a forum as a "mate". Thats all a bit weird. If you go down that road, you'll be online gaming into the early hours and playing Second Life next. Thats no critisism of this forum in particular, just the internet as a whole.

To that end, I really don't know why people get so annoyed at rants (not just mine). Its just people letting off steam.

I made a passing comment on here the other day that upset someone so much that they said they would never speak to me again and hoped I would never need advice from them because they wouldn't help! I mean, come on!

Edited by TheBigBeefChief

Following compliants to the moderation team re: the content in this thread I am closing it. I don;t have time at this hour to read through each post.

Will be contacting members in due course.