Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FAO Stag

waynepunkdude

Woh! Almost too simple! Just looked at my 3u box and it looks like I can do the same (not that I need to as I don't have an SVT5.. ) but thats a 'handy to know' anyway! Is it possible to mount the handle back on minus the..umm 'cup' bit?

[quote name='Stag' post='946584' date='Sep 5 2010, 07:45 PM']My case wont allow for this sadly, wot case you got Wayne?[/quote]

Maybe you could fashion a hole with a jigsaw? no no... not that 1000 piece puzzle of the Queen Mother you keep under your bed, silly - the cutting machine kind!

• 2 weeks later...

I have got hold of a jigsaw but I think ill killmyself with it, plus the handles are moulded ones over the top of the area I need to cut... not sure what to do! Do you know what model / make of case that is Wayne? I dont mind buying a new case and taking the side off at each gig, thats a minor thing compared to sawing my arms (and then the handle of the case) off.

:)

Edited by Stag

[quote name='JTUK' post='962021' date='Sep 20 2010, 11:44 AM']Stupid design top put side vents on a rack mountable. I'd just put a fan in blowing from the back.[/quote]

That is odd!

One thing I dont miss from my Trace is the bloomin fan that 100& necessary. The micro amps I have are very quiet and the Orange just doesnt use a fan..I love the smell of warmed up tubes!

ha ha...my amp is vented from the top and isn't racked atm...but it is designed to run extremely hot.
If I rack it I will have a seperate fan which I can turn off should I want to. Never had a problem with heat in nigh-on 20 odd years.
Just don't touch it until it has cooled down. It is very hot, you will not get a burn off it..but not far off..!!!

Edited by JTUK

Well gentlemen....

Two big holes have been cut in the side of my SKB now with a jigsaw. Ill mount the amp at the weekend and levae it running for a while and report back. Hopefully I wont die, or anything.

[i]Ps JT that is an amazing avatar. my word.[/i]

• 2 weeks later...