Why become a member? ×

Shes Arrived.........

phsycoandy

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='108047' date='Dec 22 2007, 11:23 AM']Well I saw the slabs of walnut when Bernie first got them and there was a bass finished with it in the workshop a couple of weeks ago so I am guessing it was this one.[/quote]

and here's another from that batch of wood...

The post for the 5 is here - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8738"]Bernie Walnut GB 5 String Spitfire[/url]

He did three in total - 2 fours and my five.

Did anybody see the satin black rumour with the blue LEDs at bass day? A complete contrast to the walnut efforts, but oh my, didn't that look the dogs?

Here are the two sister basses from the same piece of wood, the 5 string is ebs_freaks (hope he wont mind me using his pic) and the other 4 string is a satin finish to make up the triplets..........

This unusually has Jazz pups which ive never seen on a GB before.

Cant wait for mine now!

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='109646' date='Dec 26 2007, 09:12 PM'][/quote]

Of course, the interesting thing in this picture, is that on top of the classic line cab in the left hand side of the picture... is the all new valve head from EBS. Shh!!! Stay tuned folks :) - and yeah, of course it sounds awesome!

Hope to collect on Friday, its about an 8hour round trip, but cant wait, now the weather looks crap! Snow! Bollocks.

Heart rate increasing,
Sweaty brow,
Damp patch,
Anticipation,

Is this GAS or another common affliction of the nearly 50's,

nb:reaches for blue pill!

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='111976' date='Jan 1 2008, 08:53 PM']Hope to collect on Friday, its about an 8hour round trip, but cant wait, now the weather looks crap! Snow! Bollocks.

Heart rate increasing,
Sweaty brow,
Damp patch,
Anticipation,

Is this GAS or another common affliction of the nearly 50's,

nb:reaches for blue pill![/quote]

I know somebody getting no sleep tonight...

I have her! Yippee, what a great day out, as ebs-freak pointed out Bernie can talk for england about his basses. Played thru the ebs rig it sounds stunning cant wait to try her out on Sunday. Ill get some proper pics up next week.

All the result of an off the cuff call to Bernie as to what he had in stock, er " I dont carry stock I build to order, but I do have a bass that I made for a show about a year ago, shall I send u some pictures. The rest is history.

Thunderthumbs did u have a go on her?

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='113617' date='Jan 4 2008, 04:49 PM']I have her! Yippee, what a great day out, as ebs-freak pointed out Bernie can talk for england about his basses. Played thru the ebs rig it sounds stunning cant wait to try her out on Sunday. Ill get some proper pics up next week.

All the result of an off the cuff call to Bernie as to what he had in stock, er " I dont carry stock I build to order, but I do have a bass that I made for a show about a year ago, shall I send u some pictures. The rest is history.

Thunderthumbs did u have a go on her?[/quote]

Sadly not. By the end of the day, I was a bit pushed for time, and Bernie may well have been too, but he did play it just to show me what it sounded like. Like I said, it looks and sounds incredible.

What it has done to me is given me some more serious GAS. I own a Warwick Thumb 5 string which I bought in the late 80s/early 90s, which I've always thought I'd never sell. Having seen and heard that, I'm now having second thoughts and emailed Bernie today to ask what price I'd be looking at so I've some idea what I need to put by!

A 5 string like that, and I could sell my Thumb and my Marcus Miller Jazz.

Oh me, oh my! :)

Edited by Thunderthumbs

Yep, hook, line and sinker. Its early days for me, and time will tell, had a slap around tonight and shes like a harmonic bell, bright and clear,but with some dial in angst if u want it, I think ebs-freak summed it up "a jazz on steroids"....gonna go and polish her now, always my favourite bit with a new bass. Let us all know if u order one, perhaps a build diary would be good, mine obviously wasnt custom built for me and hence i guess I may have got a bargain, but whatever, im gonna enjoy every minute.

NB: 1 very nice Lakland DPLE1 for sale freshly set up and fret dressed by Bernie Goodfellow!

It's only a matter of time til the GBs come flocking...

Everybody I know who has gone into Bernie's basement has come away with new ideas about what bass they should be playing...

I smell a Thumb and a Marcus Miller Jazz quivering as they know it's not long til they get the chop...

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='113862' date='Jan 5 2008, 12:05 AM']It's only a matter of time til the GBs come flocking...

Everybody I know who has gone into Bernie's basement has come away with new ideas about what bass they should be playing...

I smell a Thumb and a Marcus Miller Jazz quivering as they know it's not long til they get the chop...[/quote]

A lot of people use the phrase LOL all too regularly, but I really was laughing out loud :huh:

They're cowering in the corner like a couple of puppies that know they shouldn't have done a doo-doo on mummy's best rug :)

Edited by Thunderthumbs

I played that one too but Bernie had fitted some other eq as a test comparrison or something, It sounded fine but the GB eq was head and shoulders better and more powerfull, some of the db ratings on these are a tad scary and the output is staggering, better look after my preamp stage I reckon or I'll fry it!

I like single coils, but I need such a quiet output for my purposes the GB pups were super silent over the Jazz ones..

I also went for the glossy one cause I like polishing it! But the third triplet is there for the taking, I didnt ask the price on that one!

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='114251' date='Jan 5 2008, 06:42 PM']I played that one too but Bernie had fitted some other eq as a test comparrison or something, It sounded fine but the GB eq was head and shoulders better and more powerfull, some of the db ratings on these are a tad scary and the output is staggering, better look after my preamp stage I reckon or I'll fry it!

I like single coils, but I need such a quiet output for my purposes the GB pups were super silent over the Jazz ones..

I also went for the glossy one cause I like polishing it! But the third triplet is there for the taking, I didnt ask the price on that one![/quote]

Interestingly enough, all of the triplets were gloss finished and the third was taken back to a satin finish... dunno why, but either way, it's still stunning. It's still got a gloss like touch even though it doesn't look gloss. Very odd!

You'll be hard pushed to beat Bernie's preamp... it's simply stunning.

Come on, which basschatter is going to plunge for it?