Why become a member? ×

Squier Classic Vibe 60's Precision

StevieC

Hi all,

Ordered a Fiesta red Squier Classic Vibe 60's Precision on Monday, and it was delivered to the office today. Obviously I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, but it's beautifully set up and in perfect condition.

The finish is flawless, including fret ends. I owned a squier P as my first ever bass back in 1985, so it's nice to time travel, except that the quality of this new bass is so MUCH better than the oldie.

They look even better in the flesh than in photos, and I can't wait to rehearse with it tonight.

I used Digital Village (DV247.com) and have nothing but praise for them. Reviews on the net were very mixed, but I can't fault the service I've had. The price was also attractive being £100 cheaper than my local guitar shop.

Iam one happy man. :)

Steve.

Edited by StevieC

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='943467' date='Sep 2 2010, 02:57 PM']Well done on a great choice of bass, colour and model. DV24/7 have always performed well with me in the past, I've just got a Tech 21 Sansamp VT Bass pedal from them yesterday and it arrived an hour ago.

p.s.: I have the same squier as yours as you can see in the pic carousel in my signature line.[/quote]

Nice. The CVs seem to be selling extremely well. Whoever in Squier who decided to make these beauties should be on a nice bonus. I absolutely love it.

Steve.

[quote name='Soloshchenko' post='944025' date='Sep 2 2010, 10:41 PM']Lovely little basses these with a proper precision sound. I've recently loaned my 60s CV precision in blue to my best mate and I'm missing it already. He keeps offering to buy it but given I paid £190 for it what's the bloody point in selling?[/quote]

Soloschenko, Never sell it!

I haven't heard a single bad thing about Squier classic vibe's. And they look stunning. I already have enough basses but I am still gassing CV bass. At the moment I am waiting CV Stratocaster, Simon Neil-model. Should be here maybe today. But really, that bass looks awesome!

[quote name='StevieC' post='944160' date='Sep 3 2010, 07:41 AM']A few photos below as requested. Played it last night and it was inspriring.

WOT I can see why you like P basses..

[attachment=58008:Contents...Card_147.JPG][attachment=58009:Contents...Card_146.JPG][/quote]

Sweeet. Instant Pino but without the price tag.

Nice bass. As i own a CV jazz i can relate to the comments about fit and finish. My CVJ is very well made and put together.

Im tempted to get a CV P now but really not too keen on the colours. I do like the VM P though, especially with the maple neck.

Steve, how doe the neck feel?

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='944281' date='Sep 3 2010, 09:48 AM']Nice bass. As i own a CV jazz i can relate to the comments about fit and finish. My CVJ is very well made and put together.

Im tempted to get a CV P now but really not too keen on the colours. I do like the VM P though, especially with the maple neck.

Steve, how doe the neck feel?[/quote]

In a word - fast. I have a (70's-based) Jap Marcus Miller Jazz and it feels very similar. I'm no expert so I can't give any comparisons with other generic bass types but it's pretty narrow with a shallow C profile which makes for quick and easy movement.

It also came set up very nicely with a low action; in fact lower than I have my Jazz and Sandberg Cali MM set up, but I played it last night in rehearsal like I'd played it for years.

I'm aware that I've been gushing about the CV, but it's incredibly 'playable'. By the way it looks very pink in the top photo but it's much more red.

Steve

Thanks Steve.
I really think i should try one out soon.

The neck on my CV Jazz is also quite shallow and much nicer to play than the MIA's i had or even the HW-one.
I think if i got a CV P i would probably put the CV Jazz neck on it.

I still wouldn't like the colour but im sure i would love the tone.

Hmmm, ill earn enough from tomorrows gig to afford one......Damn, GAS.

I'm trying to get a good impression of the 'actual' weight of these basses (as opposed to manufacturers guesstimates), do you have a decent set of kitchen scales you could throw your CV on to better inform my possible next (remote) purchase? My local music stores don't have any in stock and I'm likely to be buying used from here or eBay and not everyone can or will be able to give an accurate weight so it would be a huge help. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='944868' date='Sep 3 2010, 07:27 PM']I'm trying to get a good impression of the 'actual' weight of these basses (as opposed to manufacturers guesstimates), do you have a decent set of kitchen scales you could throw your CV on to better inform my possible next (remote) purchase? My local music stores don't have any in stock and I'm likely to be buying used from here or eBay and not everyone can or will be able to give an accurate weight so it would be a huge help. :)[/quote]

I have a digital luggage scale with a hook and I also have the very same bass, mine weighs: 9.04lbs / 4.20Kg

My Squier CV Jazz weighs: 9,12lbs / 4.43Kg and the Squier CV 50's Precision weighs: 9.01lbs / 4.12Kg

For what they are, and considering they all have a HiMass bridge they are all pretty much in the light class also due to their basswood bodies, but then to me it's irrelevant when compared to my Dingwall ABZ which weighs a ridicolous: 7.12lbs / 3.50Kg!!

[quote name='Grand Wazoo' post='944888' date='Sep 3 2010, 07:47 PM']... but then to me it's irrelevant when compared to my Dingwall ABZ which weighs a ridicolous: 7.12lbs / 3.50Kg!![/quote]

I'm in the same boat where I have 3 basses that I gig/play regularly and they are between 7.5lb and 8.5lb (sorry for mixing metric/imperial) and experience tells me that a 9lb+ bass will give my ageing weary shoulder jip! :)