Why become a member? ×

For Sale EBS Drome 12" Combo (SOLD)

TheDaivisch

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXSOLDXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

For sale is my EBS Drome 12" combo. 150Watts.

Amazing sounding combo with a huge kick to it. Has a great EQ system and EBS's awesome compressor built in. Very portable and light despite being the non-neo version.

Not used enough to justify keeping as I practice using an effects pedal and gig with a big fat Genz Benz stack.

Has excellent bass erase feature for practising along to CDs/Ipods etc.

Immaculate.

Price is £450 including delivery (within UK)

Dave

[attachment=57783:DSCN1967.JPG]
[attachment=57782:DSCN1966.JPG]

Edited by TheDaivisch

[quote name='Waldo' post='941854' date='Sep 1 2010, 11:28 AM']How good is the bass erase feature anyway? Can't say I've ever seen a bass amp with that feature and it sounds like a great idea![/quote]

It's pretty damn good! Does what it says on the tin. Doesn't perform miracles and completely delete the bass track obviously, but its as good as you could expect.

Dave

How does this do in pure volume? I love the EBS tone and own a Fafner, a few Neoline Cabs and the Classic Session 60. I needed a combo to be portable for my Drum & Bass project but couldn't find anything that could produce the required volume to compete with a drummer, whilst being able to handle Octave & Envelope Filters. I tried a few amps around the 100w marker and they just couldn't do it,

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a TC BG500, which is so loud it never gets above 3, but it is 500w. I do however miss the EBS tone I'm used to, and would still like a smaller combo if it can take my effects and the volume i throw at it.

Shep

These 12" drivers lack the full, rich warmth and depth that you get with a 15" or 18". You can't cheat physics, unfortunately. I suppose the electronics attempt to compensate, though. How good is this amp when you try to emulate the richness and depth of a valve-driven large speaker bass amp?

• 3 months later...

[quote name='BigJim' post='1067300' date='Dec 22 2010, 10:32 PM']Swap for my Carparelli? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=101133&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=101133&hl=[/url][/quote]

Thanks for the offer dude, but I'm really only looking for cash.

Cheers
Dave

All I can add, is that I had a "Classic" version of this combo (EBS Drome Classic), and, apart from a bit more 'oldschool' design, it all seems pretty much the same..

I'm not much of expert when it comes to amps, but that thing was compact and loud(!) - I used it in 16 piece gospel band in big outdoor stage, and, while I didn't have a 'regular' monitor then, I could hear myself without any problem..

[quote name='Faithless' post='1069695' date='Dec 26 2010, 05:38 PM']All I can add, is that I had a "Classic" version of this combo (EBS Drome Classic), and, apart from a bit more 'oldschool' design, it all seems pretty much the same..

I'm not much of expert when it comes to amps, but that thing was compact and loud(!) - I used it in 16 piece gospel band in big outdoor stage, and, while I didn't have a 'regular' monitor then, I could hear myself without any problem..[/quote]

Thanks! You tell the truth..

[quote name='Faithless' post='1069695' date='Dec 26 2010, 05:38 PM']All I can add, is that I had a "Classic" version of this combo (EBS Drome Classic), and, apart from a bit more 'oldschool' design, it all seems pretty much the same..

I'm not much of expert when it comes to amps, but that thing was compact and loud(!) - I used it in 16 piece gospel band in big outdoor stage, and, while I didn't have a 'regular' monitor then, I could hear myself without any problem..[/quote]

How is your Genz 10-3.0 working out for you?

Dave