Why become a member? ×

Prince

steve-soar

One of my favest Prince songs ever and the version on One Nite Alone rocks... it's basically an extended version of the above. The original was not so hot - I always find Prince better on the road than in the studio. The boxed set is quite rare (almost as rare as Prince vids being left on YouTube) to see now but worth it alone for the 3rd disk - the aftershow party.

Love Prince's stuff... and this line up was particularly hot. (As much as I love Larry G)

Edited by EBS_freak

I love his band leadership when they start to improvise. Truly an awe inspiring experience but I can generally take or leave his more staged concerts otherwise. He seems to have eased up on the websherriff recently with all sorts of interesting stuff popping up on Youtube.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='940650' date='Aug 31 2010, 08:43 AM']I love his band leadership when they start to improvise. Truly an awe inspiring experience but I can generally take or leave his more staged concerts otherwise. He seems to have eased up on the websherriff recently with all sorts of interesting stuff popping up on Youtube.

[/quote]Thanks Steve, that's me off work with "Funk Related Whiplash" for the rest of the week.