Why become a member? ×

Are these good deals?

matski

Gents,

For a while now I have been looking to replace my Ampeg SVT115 & SVT410 cabs for something smaller, lighter and generally more portable. My head is an Ampeg SVT3 Pro, and main weapon of choice - 2EQ StingRay 4.

I've seen 2 sets of cabs on sale locally and am wondering if you guys reckon they are worth a punt :)

Here are my 2 choices:

A: 2 x Aguilar DB112s, practically new condition, price around £500 for the pair.

[attachment=57484:1196118519_5.jpeg]

B: 2 x TC Electronic RS210s, again around £500 for the pair.

[attachment=57485:1201991627_3.jpeg]

Any advice greatly appreciated. Ta!

I think you need to see if you can try them really - the are going to be sound quite different (not least because of the speaker configuration).

Prices on both are good compared to values over here.

Watch out for condition of the cabs themselves. Early TC's mark & chip very easily, doesn't effect how they sound but they can get tatty looking very quickly.

DB's can get damage to the cloth grille quite easily and the lighter colour means they'll show marks more easily if not looked after properly.

Generally Aggies are going to be easier to sell on &, personally, the 2 x 112 cab configuration is my favourite for overall balance plus flexibility etc. However I've used a TC210 for a while & it's a nice cab, not tried a pair together but I think they'd sound really punchy if you like the 10" speaker sound :)

[quote name='matski' post='942974' date='Sep 2 2010, 08:17 AM']The seller of the Aguilars has edited his ad to read: "attention - this price is for EACH cabinet" so not such a bargain after all.

Curses.... :)[/quote]

Definitely not a bargain! £500 will get you new ones and some change, even if you have to drive/fly to another European country to get them. :rolleyes: