Why become a member? ×

2007 Overwater Perception Deluxe Plus NOW SOLD

bobpalt

[b]2007 Overwater Perception.[/b]

I have had this bass from new, but it has only ever been used in the practice room, therefore its in excellent condition. It does, however, have 2 tiny little marks on the body, which I assume must be the tiniest dings that have chipped a bit of the finish away, and show as white "dots". I have tried to photo these, but they really are negligible.

This is a very light bodied bass, with a Spanish Cedar body, and the top is sensuously smooth Wenge (I know this sounds unlikely, but the grain has been filled and smoothed down), and the neck is wonderfully figured maple.

It has the newer East preamp and pickups, with the full mid control system, and is quite the easiest bass I own to play. It sounds good too!

Might be interested in an interesting trade or part trade, possibly Aguilar/Stingray stuff?

NOW SOLD THANKS DAVE.

Cheers,

Bob

[attachment=57413:e_bay_pics2_108.jpg] [attachment=57414:e_bay_pics2_109.jpg] [attachment=57415:e_bay_pics2_110.jpg] [attachment=57416:e_bay_pics2_111.jpg]

Edited by bobpalt

[quote name='martthebass' post='937146' date='Aug 26 2010, 01:54 PM']Bob, looks like the body could be Spanish cedar. My old perception was cedar (with a walnut top) and looked very much like this. It was lightweight too - about 7.5lbs.

Might be more info on the reverse side of the control cavity cover.[/quote]
I too had a Perception that looked a lot like this and mine was also sub 8lbs, lovely basses & well worth a punt.

[quote name='martthebass' post='937146' date='Aug 26 2010, 01:54 PM']Bob, looks like the body could be Spanish cedar. My old perception was cedar (with a walnut top) and looked very much like this. It was lightweight too - about 7.5lbs.

Might be more info on the reverse side of the control cavity cover.[/quote]

You know, I almost said in the ad that I thought the body was Spanish Cedar, but I wasnt sure. I seemed to remember Chris May telling me thats what it was.

I have just weighed it, and its just under 7lb 8oz, so I guess it must be Spanish Cedar to be that light, and stained to look like mahogany, which would explain the 2 little marks where the stain has rubbed off.

It doesnt say on the rear of the control plate what the woods are, but it does say it was made on 1st August 2007, and its a "Perception Std Deluxe Plus", which sounds a bit more betterer than just a Perception!

Cheers,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='958175' date='Sep 16 2010, 11:36 AM']I have an M13 I'd trade towards this but I don't have the cash for the rest unless you wanted a lovely shortscale vintage hofner to play in your reitrement and some cash :)

Cheers[/quote]

Hi .

Interesting! I did used to own a Hofner Club, and sort of regret selling it, but have never really been into vintage instruments. Do you want to pm me with the details just in case?

Cheers,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bobpalt' post='997778' date='Oct 23 2010, 08:22 AM']Bump for the price reduction...................[/quote]
Used to have one of these, lovely basses, Im really surprised this one hasn't gone yet, Bobs a great bloke to deal with and really takes care of his basses, this will certainly be worth a punt for someone....

[quote name='giblett123' post='998629' date='Oct 24 2010, 08:41 AM']Used to have one of these, lovely basses, Im really surprised this one hasn't gone yet, Bobs a great bloke to deal with and really takes care of his basses, this will certainly be worth a punt for someone....[/quote]

+1 Now Overwater have changed to east preamps they sound the biz. This would be effortless to play as well.

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='998721' date='Oct 24 2010, 11:53 AM']+1 Now Overwater have changed to east preamps they sound the biz. This would be effortless to play as well.[/quote]
Absolutely, I really like the east circuit & i'm having put in a couple of my builds, you can nail pretty much any sound, these are also very easy to play, lovely necks.

[quote name='bobpalt' post='937362' date='Aug 26 2010, 05:47 PM']I have just weighed it, and its just under 7lb 8oz, so I guess it must be Spanish Cedar to be that light, and stained to look like mahogany, which would explain the 2 little marks where the stain has rubbed off.[/quote]

I am shocked this is so light! When I had my custom Overwater built, it was one of the most stunning things I'd ever seen. That too had a top of Wenge, very much like yours, but it weighted 12.6lbs!!! It was the single heaviest bass I've ever touched and even though it was my first custom build I let it go. The sound was AMAZING, but I couldn't stand with it for any length of time.

Chris claimed it was due to the amount of Wenge that had been used as it's such a heavy wood. This bass may of proved that wrong!

Edited by pantherairsoft

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1003913' date='Oct 28 2010, 03:45 PM']I am shocked this is so light! When I had my custom Overwater built, it was one of the most stunning things I'd ever seen. That too had a top of Wenge, very much like yours, but it weighted 12.6lbs!!! It was the single heaviest bass I've ever touched and even though it was my first custom build I let it go. The sound was AMAZING, but I couldn't stand with it for any length of time.

Chris claimed it was due to the amount of Wenge that had been used as it's such a heavy wood. This bass may of proved that wrong![/quote]

I had a similar experience a few years ago with a 5 string throughneck Progress with a rRio Rosewood top on a mahogany body, that was soooooo heavy! This is the opposite though, I guess because of the spanish cedar. The wenge cap doesnt seem to add much. I have a couple of wenge necks on basses and they arent heavy either.

Cheers,

Bob

[quote name='Dogz73' post='1000549' date='Oct 25 2010, 09:57 PM']Possible trade for Lovely Stingray?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=106679"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=106679[/url]

Cheers[/quote]

Oh poo! A month ago, yes, but I had been looking for a Ray and bought one then, sorry.

Bob