Why become a member? ×

FS/FT - Hughes and Kettner Bassbase 600 - ON HOLD

sjohns

SO BIG Update - 27th Nov

I am soon to become a proud owner of a Axe-FX Ultra, The last head ill ever need :)

So i am gonna be looking to shift this now as it is defiantly no longer needed!

Copied from the Hughes and Kettner site...

Power - 650 Watts @ 4 Ohms 1010 Watts @ 2 Ohms
Poweramp - Dynaclip
Preamp - TubeTouch
Effects Loop - serial
MIDI - optional MSM-1
Switching Functions - EQ on/off, A, B
Notch Filter - Yes
Headphones - Yes
Equalizer - 2-Band Varimetric A/B + Hi/Lo Bands
Tubes - 1x 12AX7
Speaker Outputs - 4-8 Ohms Speakon, 1x XLR parallel
Dimensions - 19
Weight - 18,5 kg/41 lbs

The price is now set at £420 plus shipping, which i would request insurance be taken with postage as to replace its like £1200 AND no longer available.

I have it in a 4U rack unit, Stagg, which i quiet like and would like to keep but would sell and ship in for extra £25, but be warned, got stickers from motorbike companies all over!

Trade wise? Id ONLY trade in these terms:
Orange 2x12 getar cab

Some photos here for your viewing

[attachment=59012:IMG_0051.JPG]
[attachment=65165:IMG_0216.JPG]

Obviously the item comes with the power cable and also pedal for changing EQ's and using FX Channel.

Steve

Edited by sjohns

• 3 weeks later...

Just a wee bump and a bit of help buddy.

I had the H&K BK200 combo, these unfortunatly arent that well known in the land of bass, however if my combo was more than 200watts, I would have kept it.

H&K do amazing amps with fantastic sound and depth.

Anyone who ventures into buying this amp is in for a real treat.

I can attest to how good these amps are; I had the exact same model and they really are good, the fact that they go down to 2ohms is very useful (x2 EBS Neo 2x12 = 2 ohms). :)

The H&K BB600, Glockenklang Bass Art and my Thunderfunk are probably my top 3 favourite amps (and I've had a few over the years).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lots here too.
I don't get how unknown Hughes and Kettner stuff is. I guess because they made cheaper combos and only a few heads.
Both mine and yours represent the top of the line with slightly different aims,
I think I would be right in saying they sat down with yours and tried to build the ultimate in bass amps, lots of very musical features and basically eveything you would ever need. I guess a current similar design idea would be the TC electronic RH450
My amp came later and I would guess was built more to sound like it was an all valve bass head, without actually being a all valve bass head and having the wieght. So it's simpler, one channel and less features. But the features it does have are well chosen. Possibly more like the tecamp puma in design idea.

i liked the TC, tecamp, H&K analogy there! :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='1066178' date='Dec 21 2010, 09:16 PM']crap that sounds awful, any chance of getting the money back?[/quote]
+1

Really sorry to hear this news..my thoughts are with you Steve! Hope that you can get some help/support via the 'powers that be' (whoever they are)..

Cheers lads much appreciate the support, The story is, i "bought" the axe fx ultra from a guy in spain, ebay, he shipped it "in" the box, by time it got to me, empty, nada, nothing in it.

Paypal are faffing me about left and right and i am waiting for a copy of the incident report from the police so they will refund me.

i still have to pay the c/c that i paid it with.