Why become a member? ×

Bassix EUB, gig bag and stand

oldslapper

Ok, will probably regret this, but I've bought a second acoustic upright and need to sell something to meet part of the bill.

So as this Bassix doesn't get played as much as my acoustic DB, this has to go.
It's the basschat EUB "bike" as it's done the rounds here.

It has 1 x piezo chamber pickup, 1 x 4 pole pickup at end of fretboard. These are fed to the on board preamp/3 band eq, which also has 4 settings. These 2 pups can be balanced too, using the knob on the body. But they can also be mixed with the (adjustable) bridge pickup, via a K&K 2 channel pre amp. This gives an amazing variation of tones, from slap to dark boom.

What I liked most about this was the chambered body gives the sound an acoustic quality. I play in a quartet playing Django/Westen swing/20's stuff and the band like a "true" sound, and this didn't disappoint.

It is currently strung with eurosonic strings, as I like their gut sound.
[url="http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product/1250-EUROSONIC_BASS_STRINGS_SETS.html"]http://www.gollihurmusic.com/product/1250-...RINGS_SETS.html[/url]

It comes with a fleece lined gig bag and an EUB stand.
It has battle scars as it is a gigged instrument. But I have kept good care of it since it came into my possession, so no further scrapes.

I'm in Dorset and would prefer pickup/meet, but it does come with a "coffin" for courier but I think it is expensive to post.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Edited by oldslapper

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='938848' date='Aug 28 2010, 03:52 PM']A hack?[/quote]
Well, his post is now gone but there was the one in this thread plus a post in another thread.
If it wasn't a hack it was a dork messing about in the threads.

[quote name='oldslapper' post='939002' date='Aug 28 2010, 08:07 PM']Confused of Dorset here.....what's going on, what hack?[/quote]

Terribly sorry, there was a nonsense post on this thread from an new user that's now been removed and I feel my comments on that post have derailed your thread. My sincere apologies. :)

[quote name='TPJ' post='939060' date='Aug 28 2010, 10:02 PM']Terribly sorry, there was a nonsense post on this thread from an new user that's now been removed and I feel my comments on that post have derailed your thread. My sincere apologies. :)[/quote]

Hey no worries TPJ, just wondering what was happening.
Thanks for explaining (and the free bump).
John

• 2 months later...