Why become a member? ×

Brazilian 13-year old bassist Michael 'Pipoquinha' David - just a little bit good...

urb

Hey

I know these threads pop up every now and again - but this young Brazilian kid is truly amazing - there are quite a few clips of him on Youtube playing the Chicken but this version of 'Mr PC' has a lovely solo on it and his slap groove is nicce a flowing too - obviously he's getting a lot of attention because of his age, but there are millions of guys and gals three times this little dude's age who would struggle to play with the fluidity, and maturity he shows here.

It's kind of depressing on the one hand, but on the other at least the future of music is in good hands and no doubt holds many more surprises.

M

[quote name='Faithless' post='932807' date='Aug 22 2010, 03:13 PM']Well, if it's the same chap, that played Chicken live on TV, well then.. Nice chops, but, probably all of the kids I got to see on Youtube have some sort of 'bad time feeling' disease spread between 'em..[/quote]

I kind of agree - but I can hear he's improved a great deal since some of those TV clips - the couple from the outdoor gig - especially the one above are great - he's very musical for his age - his solo lines and timing on his solo on the second clip are just lovely - I say give him a chance - I don't think any of us here were any where near this kids level at age 12! I'm not saying he should be 'excused' for his age - but you know, give the guy a break...

M