Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker MG 4003 FL

Shaggy

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1354043775' post='1881389']
Nooooooooooooooo!!!!! You can't be serious - and that's a crazy, crazy price with those p/up upgrades.....

If I hadn't just lashed out on a Kramer 650B at the weekend I'd be having this back....still might! Especially as it's yn Cymru
[/quote]

Been a while hasn't it Greg. What ya got.............?

Some pretty crap kitchen table/iPhone pics (more to come)

[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/Beedster/IMG_0797.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/Beedster/IMG_0799.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/Beedster/IMG_0798.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1354094378' post='1881879']
Been a while hasn't it Greg. What ya got.............?
[/quote]

Hehe....nothing you'd want unfortunately!

Sorry if I'd deleted original pics - could re-attach but yours are more up to date

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1354358025' post='1885093']
Hehe....nothing you'd want unfortunately!
[/quote]

I don't believe that for a second Greg!

Hope all's well mate, and let me know if you find a grand down the back of the sofa!

Chris

PS Greg, if you could post a couple of pics with the white pickguard it wouldn't do any harm, and I know the Ric purists out there are not fans of the tort!

Edited by Beedster

There's been some interest in this but when push has come to shove neither 'buyer' has been able to come up with the cash. Given how much I've got invested in this bass, plus the fact that it's a very bad time to sell, I'd like to offer it as trade/PX only. I'm very keen to get my hands on any of the following, and would happily accept the balance in cash, another instrument that I could sell, wives/girlfriends etc.

Fretted 4001/4003 for a straight trade, possibly with cash my way given the horseshoe, condition etc
MIJ Precision plus around £550 in cash
MIA Precision plus around £450 in cash
Decent EUB with/without cash depending on value of instrument
High quality guitar combo plus cash

Or of course, any combination of the above. No joke, I'd also be interested in a quality mountain bike, having just trashed mine!

Chris

In response a couple of questions[list]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£1000 plus shipping is [u]absolutely[/u] my lowest price for a cash sale (i[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]t cost me close to £1500 to put together - new body/neck £700, horseshoe £250, 60's toaster around £100 (not sure of exact price as Greg installed it!), TRC £75, bridge £75, circuit £100 all told, original jack plate £40, tuners £85, you get the idea!). As I said above, I'd prefer a PX but will trade for a grand cash if needs be :) [/font][/color]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The reason it has '4001' on the TRC is because I wanted a Ric TRC and that's all I could get at the time. Original/authentic examples are not easy things to find! [/font][/color]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]You can have the bass with either the Hipshot (installed) or the original Ric bridge, if you want both it'll cost you an extra £50[/font][/color]
[*][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]You can have white, tort or black pickguard. Black looks rock, tort looks vintage and white looks authentic Ric![/color][/font]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]No original hard case with this bass I'm afraid[/font][/color]
[*][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is in 100% immaculate condition, I'm pretty sure that with a good clean it would be hard to tell it from new.[/font][/color]
[/list]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Chris[/font][/color]

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1354359912' post='1885125']
I don't believe that for a second Greg!

Hope all's well mate, and let me know if you find a grand down the back of the sofa!

Chris

PS Greg, if you could post a couple of pics with the white pickguard it wouldn't do any harm, and I know the Ric purists out there are not fans of the tort!
[/quote]

No grand........ :( 2 peanuts, the dog's bone and about 12p.....

Sorry, I'd meant to post these earlier but forgot. Tort does it for me though, and 'd come within a whisker of fitting '60's Ric "TV" control knobs when Burritobass was selling a set a while back

Well I thought this was going to a good new home oop north but I think the trail may have gone a little cold so a final pre-Xmas bump for a unique and outstanding bass. As Greg said above, it's essentially a fretless v63 (although not a C64 as it doesn't have the Macca upside-down headstock). One thing that I probably haven't mentioned is that this bass DOES NOT suffer from the weak E that afflicts so many Rics. Trust me, this bass is one big bass tone monster! I'm still humming and hahing about keeping it and getting it fretted which would likely make it more useful for me in the long term, but it seems a real shame to make such a unique instrument a little less unique.

Chris