Why become a member? ×

Matamp GT200

tayste_2000

No no no not mine, mine I freakin love :)

Basically a friend of mine ordered a brand new GT200, totally stock model with the light up 'Green' logo on the front (This now has an upcharge for this).

He paid his deposit and everything, got the amp in the usual 2-3 month waiting period but just couldn't really afford to pay the rest off, then he got a bit more bad fortune (job, car etc) and now really can't afford it. So he's looking at shifting it on asap and I offered to help.

It's brand new, never been gigged, never been turned on longer than being tested in the factory.

He's after £1200firm for it, the retail on this new amp is over £1500 and it is BRAND NEW.

It can be picked up from me (Stockport just outside of Manchester) or from the Matamp factory (I'm only 25 miles away so can drop it in)

You're also welcome to try it out at mine.

If it doesn't shift soon he'll drop it off to Matamp to be sold on comission (for more than this.)

So as stated it is brand new, never been used, it is the stock model that you see on websites and reviews. Matamp can customise these amps for you even when built, for which there may or may not be a charge (you'd have to speak to Matamp about that)

Any questions let me know.

Cheers

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='926190' date='Aug 16 2010, 10:02 AM']No no no not mine, mine I freakin love :)

Basically a friend of mine ordered a brand new GT200, totally stock model with the light up 'Green' logo on the front (This now has an upcharge for this).

He paid his deposit and everything, got the amp in the usual 2-3 month waiting period but just couldn't really afford to pay the rest off, then he got a bit more bad fortune (job, car etc) and now really can't afford it. So he's looking at shifting it on asap and I offered to help.

It's brand new, never been gigged, never been turned on longer than being tested in the factory.

He's after £1200firm for it, the retail on this new amp is over £1500 and it is BRAND NEW.

It can be picked up from me (Stockport just outside of Manchester) or from the Matamp factory (I'm only 25 miles away so can drop it in)

You're also welcome to try it out at mine.

If it doesn't shift soon he'll drop it off to Matamp to be sold on comission (for more than this.)

So as stated it is brand new, never been used, it is the stock model that you see on websites and reviews. Matamp can customise these amps for you even when built, for which there may or may not be a charge (you'd have to speak to Matamp about that)

Any questions let me know.

Cheers[/quote]

What colour/style is it? Pics?

Well I mean all GT200's sound essentially the same, I have one that is about as hot and gainy as you can run it and Monz had one that was as smooth as you can run it and basically my preamp just gets louder than his.

Matamp will do modifications to things including changing preamp valves and stuff if you want.

But it's difficult to describe if you haven't heard one, it is the best bass sound I've experienced.

i went from having a long long list of amps I wanted to own to getting the Matamp GT200 and wanting to sell everything I own including my 400+ which is only staying because I've probably played near 500 gigs with it.

They really are, for lack of a better word the best when it comes to tube bass amplifiers

They are difficult to describe, they are their own tone but they are probably the best tube amp tone you can get.

Like I say mine has killed all my amp gas and knocked my 400+ off my gig list after 3-4 years of me not using anything else live.

I'm not going to be able to describe the tone really it's something you need to hear.

People are welcome to come down to my practice room and try mine out or pop along to one of my gigs and have a listen.

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='926641' date='Aug 16 2010, 04:26 PM']I guess an Orange AD200

But loosely and just going off history but really different beasts especially in quality.[/quote]

new ad200 is very different to the old orange stuff. Circuit wise theres not a whole lot the gt200 is similar to thats on the market at the minute.