Why become a member? ×

Michael Anthony Bass Solo(?!)

nick

I'm watching this and I can't stop laughing!!! :)

Looks like a competitor from the World Air Guitar Championships, especially with that cape... Now, towards the end he looks like a bear that's just escaped from a zoo. Though I must admit, I have seen him play worse solos than this.

Gotta show love for the JD bass though.

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='104049' date='Dec 13 2007, 08:13 PM']I'm watching this and I can't stop laughing!!! :)

Looks like a competitor from the World Air Guitar Championships, especially with that cape... Now, towards the end he looks like a bear that's just escaped from a zoo. Though I must admit, I have seen him play worse solos than this.

Gotta show love for the JD bass though.[/quote]

Not that au fait with VH - he's played worse solos than this?!

It's funny, scary & a bit unnerving. Creepy...

F##k me, character assasination or what?!!!!
MA has NEVER professed to being the best bass player in the world and I doubt anyone would begrudge him a drink during a gig. But for someone to post a YT video under the headline 'DRUNK BASS SOLO' whilst said poster is (probably) serving at f##king McDonalds is a little sad. He's a showman. We know he can play better and we know other can play better.................... who cares!!! It's still Michael Anthony who will earn more in a month off the back of Jump than we can in a year!!!!!
And to top it all, he's a really humble guy, if you read what is being said about the latest VH reunion.
Also....... it's over ELEVEN years old this video.... original poster..... where have you been???? Jon bon Jovi was wearing Leather & Lace and Alec John Such was sticking his pout out so far it could've knocked out Ricky Hatton!!
It's about the show!

Edited by tombboy

[quote name='tombboy' post='104074' date='Dec 13 2007, 08:57 PM']F##k me, character assasination or what?!!!!
MA has NEVER professed to being the best bass player in the world and I doubt anyone would begrudge him a drink during a gig. But for someone to post a YT video under the headline 'DRUNK BASS SOLO' whilst said poster is (probably) serving at f##king McDonalds is a little sad. He's a showman. We know he can play better and we know other can play better.................... who cares!!! It's still Michael Anthony who will earn more in a month off the back of Jump than we can in a year!!!!!
And to top it all, he's a really humble guy, if you read what is being said about the latest VH reunion.
Also....... it's over ELEVEN years old this video.... original poster..... where have you been???? Jon bon Jovi was wearing Leather & Lace and Alec John Such was sticking his pout out so far it could've knocked out Ricky Hatton!!
It's about the show![/quote]

Sorry, if I touched a raw nerve - no offence intended. I just found this incredibly funny, & it seems a few others agree. Not intended as a character assassination, & if as you say he will earn more in a month than all of us in a year(?), then I doubt he would even he would care much about a bit of harmless banter at his expense..

As for myself, & your question of my whereabouts for the last eleven years?
HMP - so please cut me some slack!!

Cheers

[quote name='nick' post='104088' date='Dec 13 2007, 09:19 PM']As for myself, & your question of my whereabouts for the last eleven years?
HMP - so please cut me some slack!!

Cheers[/quote]

I actually meant the original youtube poster... not you! :)
Personally I did cringe... purely because in 1986 I thought his bass playing was the bollocks.
It would take more than this post to touch a raw nerve... even though MA is a personal inspiriation to me (please note 'personal inspiration does not mean extremely talented..... he made me pick up the bass!).

So.... what were you in for? Crimes against Michael Anthony? :huh: :huh: :huh:

[quote name='tombboy' post='104074' date='Dec 13 2007, 08:57 PM']F##k me, character assasination or what?!!!!
It's about the show![/quote]

Ooooooooooooooh get you!

Now I´m not into that stuff at all, but for a bit of rock´n´roll fun, he did a pretty good job IMHO.

I doubt that MA really was pissed at that performance - he would have stumbled and broken his leg jumping around like he did. The JD bottle probably didn´t contain anything other than ice tea. That´s entertainment, folks. :)

They very obviously didn´t take themselves too seriously and neither should we.

[quote name='Soulfinger' post='104239' date='Dec 14 2007, 11:32 AM']Now I´m not into that stuff at all, but for a bit of rock´n´roll fun, he did a pretty good job IMHO.

I doubt that MA really was pissed at that performance - he would have stumbled and broken his leg jumping around like he did. The JD bottle probably didn´t contain anything other than ice tea. That´s entertainment, folks. :)

They very obviously didn´t take themselves too seriously and neither should we.[/quote]

hehe that's the classic isn't it, iced tea!

We did a gig with a band like that, and one of the guys was going to piss into his jack daniels bottle.

As far as whisky goes, that stuff is sh1t anyway. It's referred to as 'training whisky' by us professionals.

The only drink improved by adding coke to it.

After watching this now a few times, I have to concede (IMO) it as being genius.
Infinitely more entertaining than watching a seven string bass rendition of some Bach, or some jazz wig-out etc....
Brilliant!

[quote name='nick' post='104267' date='Dec 14 2007, 12:37 PM']After watching this now a few times, I have to concede (IMO) it as being genius.
Infinitely more entertaining than watching a seven string bass rendition of some Bach, or some jazz wig-out etc....
Brilliant![/quote]
For extra entertainment, reading the comments by 173 berks who didn't realise that it was theatre is a must. Wonder what they'd say about Alice Cooper's guillotining? That he deserved it, or what a miracle it was that he'd come back to life afterwards? :)