Why become a member? ×

SOLD - NOS Yamaha BB1500A

BB2000

Not sure about this - I've a brand new unused Yamaha BB1500A I'm thinking of selling. I bough a pair of them new about a year before they stopped making them (5-6 years ago?). At the time I had planned to defret one and epoxy the board, but changed my mind and kept it as a backup. I remember the UK cost of these at the time was about £830 each, and I got the pair for £900. The BB1500 is by far my favourite jazz type bass, but I can't see me ever having to need the spare. And I need some room. I'm not going to give this away, but if anyone is looking for one I'd sell it for £450.

Edited by BB2000

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='103695' date='Dec 13 2007, 07:47 AM']Ooh, what colour, does it have a case and where in Scotland are you?

All questions![/quote]

These only came in butt naked and wine burst, I went for the wineos. It's stored in a case (not a Yamaha one - I got the basses in cardboard boxes) but I'd prefer to hold on to the case if possible ...

It's just like the one in Ba55me15ter's avatar. I'll get it down from the loft at the weekend and up some pics.

• 1 month later...

I received this bass from John today. Many many years ago this was the bass that I lusted after for a long time, in this colour too most definately. I now have a really spanky NEW BB1500A. It was packed better than any bass I've ever bought too so my feedback to John is 'Bloody brilliant' :)

It will seem a shame to remove the plastic film but it's got to be done, now where's that Schaller-less strap gone?