Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

PLEASE DELETE

sk8

[quote name='cameltoe' post='931898' date='Aug 21 2010, 01:53 PM']I used mine last night at a decent sized pub gig. Coped fine. I had to run it up to break up point where it's loudest (which is only about 4 on the output, pesky gainy preamp valves) but we are a fairly loud 5 piece, and the pub was a decent size and packed out. It coped well, but some headroom would be nice. it sounds AMAZING! I'm in love with Valves.[/quote]

so what kind of sound do you get past 4??????? is it too saturated with the valves?

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='931931' date='Aug 21 2010, 02:46 PM']so what kind of sound do you get past 4??????? is it too saturated with the valves?[/quote]

I've put ECC81 valves in mine that lower the input gain about 60%. This gives just enough reduction to run the power amp a little cleaner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Ashdown-Little-Bastard~ID~12949.asp"]Made in the PRC [/url]

[url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Ashdown-Little-Bastard-(UK-Ltd-Edition---Dave-Green-Design)~ID~13630.asp"]Made in the UK[/url]

[quote name='sk8' post='981311' date='Oct 8 2010, 10:04 AM'][url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Ashdown-Little-Bastard~ID~12949.asp"]Made in the PRC [/url]

[url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Ashdown-Little-Bastard-(UK-Ltd-Edition---Dave-Green-Design)~ID~13630.asp"]Made in the UK[/url][/quote]

Cant comment really and Im not trying to start an argument although I cant see where it says where it says the other one is made in PRC.

Im just quoting from Aug BGM interview with Mark Gooday where he says

'all ashdown valve amps are built from start to finish at the companys valve centre just down the road from head office.We can actually make valve amps here in england at the same price here in england as we can in China. Blah Blah Blah. With the shipping, duty and the way the exchange rate is right now, not to mention having to unpack everything and re test it everything we made the decision not to send any of the valve amps offshore. We will just get them all made here and that makes us very flexible.'

In these times its great to see products made in the UK rather than offshore

[quote name='voxpop' post='981358' date='Oct 8 2010, 10:50 AM']I've got a UK one and its a great piece of kit, its worth every penny you are asking................have a LB morning bump on me.[/quote]

[quote name='sk8' post='981357' date='Oct 8 2010, 10:50 AM']fair point although isn't the 427 big block built in the US?

It may be they've changed tack on the PRC LB's since doing the ltd edition UK ones. Doesn't do much for my resale value!!!![/quote]

Havent they set up local manufacture in the US to reduce costs and avoid any duties. It would be nonsensical to produce cabs in the uk and ship them to the US

I know there was/is a lot of grumbles about ampeg going to vietnam. I remember reading about one ex employee saying 40 years ago I was figting them and now they have taken my job. If Ashdown cash in on the made in the USA for sale in the USA it should get them some kudos

If yours is one of the 100 ltd edition ones its probably more hand built than other production ones. Whichever price it is, its still a great product.

Good luck with the sale

Just wondered how powerful this is, I have had an SVT-CL running through an SVT 810 which was too much and I couldn't push the valves hard enough to get the great warm tone without destroying peoples eardums and then I've had transistor amps that clip when pushed hard. Was looking for a smaller valve amp that I could really push, but this may be too small.

Am doing a gig to 250 people soon in a large function room, we play pop, indie and rock.