Why become a member? ×

Ibanez RS924 Roadster for sale NOW SOLD VIA EBAY

mr pablo

I'm gutted to have to do this but my need for cash fast means i'm gonna have to sell my beloved 1982 MIJ Ibanez RS924 roadster.

24 frets maple fret board, brown sunburst colour, P/J pickups, switchable 2 band eq with passive volume and tone.

cosmeticaly its been well used with plenty of bumps/dings around the edges of the body and a few small marks on the front with some buckle rash on the back but not too bad for a bass thats 28 years old, plenty meat left on the frets and the trussrod works 100%. The 2 band eq is fairly basic but can be useful but the bass sounds best passive imo where it kills most US fender precisions i've tried and the back J pickup is great for fingerstyle sounds. its also all original with no changed parts that i know off apart from the tone knob.

price wise i'm after £250 for this O.N.O + about £15 postage.

it comes with a stagg tweed style lockable hardcase as well.

any q's or if you want any specific pics give me a shout

[attachment=55013:Picture_006.jpg] [attachment=55014:Picture_007.jpg] [attachment=55015:Picture_008.jpg] [attachment=55047:Picture.jpg]

Edited by mr pablo

I have had one absolutely identical from new for over 25 years, MIJ in 1981. They are built like a tank and the PJ configuration + active 2-eq make them rather punchy. 24 frets too.

Good luck with this one mate

That bass is actually worth lot more, if you try to find a bass as good as this. At the 80's Ibanez made really quality basses. Similar to other high €€€€€€ brands. Just look some "Fender" MIJ from the 80's. They are also basses you can buy with confidence. Real beauty! :wub:

Have a Monday bump on me.

FWIW, I have one of these - was quite a bit more £$£$£$ than this
and is a great bass.
BIG sound and although it has a simple eq, it is very effective.
Balances nicely on a strap, lovely neck, joy to play.
Case has to be worth a few $£$£$ on it's own, so this price is a steal!

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers. :)