Why become a member? ×

Does the Fender HW-One Jazz have 70's pup placement?

dave_bass5

After just getting a 70's classic Jazz and not really getting on with the neck im now looking for another "cheap" 70s sounding Bass.
I love my CV jazz but find the 70's jazz has a nicer tone so i want something with the rear pup closer to the bridge.

Cheers.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='gjones' post='896070' date='Jul 15 2010, 10:23 PM']Replace the neck of the 70's Jazz with the neck from the Classic vibe.......sorted![/quote]

And/or swap the pups from the 70s Classic to the CV and see if it's the pups themselves that you prefer rather than the positioning.
I'm surprised you find the 70s neck too chunky, I now have a 70s Classic and find the neck amazingly comfortable, and I'm someone who's used to the ultra-slim Ibanez SR500, or the shallow-profiled but close to P-bass-spaced Bass Collections

Cheers Guys.

gjones. I could do that but the whole reason for getting the 70s' classic was for the blocks and inlay.

Lawrence. The pups on the CV Jazz are custom wound wizards that sound really nice, if anything i would put them in the 70s classic if i kept it.
Its really having the bridge pup closer to the bridge that i like. Its has a bit more burp IMO.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='896093' date='Jul 15 2010, 10:50 PM']Cheers Guys.

gjones. I could do that but the whole reason for getting the 70s' classic was for the blocks and inlay.[/quote]

Yes I really wanted one of those 70's basses but I played one and the neck was awfully chunky. My Jazz bass is based on the 70's model Geddy Lee bought in a pawn shop. He sanded the neck down until it was as thin as a chopstick......you could try that.

I think ill go for the HW-one anyway. I used to have a HW1 and loved that neck.

Ive found that im getting a bit more fret buzz at the 11th fret so i think ill send it back anyway. I just cant get the action as god as my CV jazz.
Ive been playing it all night and do actually find it quite comfortable, but as soon as i go back to the CVJ i realise how much nicer it is.