Why become a member? ×

Sold

cameltoe

Hi,

I picked this up a few months ago and have been using it with immense pride ever since (love Trace...!) but a recent purchase of an Ashdown Little Bastard means I need the space in my gear cupboard.

It's the 150w RMS combo with the GP7 pre amp. Great condition, sounds great, never had a problem with it. It is in virtually new condition- I bought it second hand from a guy who had literally used it a handful of times in the house.

I've had it out and about at gigs and rehearsals since then, but only a couple months use.

No broken sliders, switches, or any of that nonsense. Fan works ok, doesn't buzz or hiss, carpet is in great condition. Like I said virtually brand new!

Copes well at decent sized pub gigs in my five piece band. Don't need to drive it much past halfway to keep up and the drummer is loud.

On the back panel it has two speaker outputs, and states 'Speaker output 4 ohms'. The internal speaker is plugged into one- I can only assume this means the combo does run at 4 ohms, and hence you're getting the full 150w from the combo. Underneath that it says '150w RMS 300w PEAK'. There is also a tuner output.

It actually sounds like a bigger rig than it is. I think this is the Trace sound people go on about- but I've used different 1x15 combo's before, from the likes of Ashdown and stuff, and this just sounds 'bigger'- like you're moving much more air than just a 15" driver.

I've had it apart and given it a good clean, and it's got a Celestion driver in there which I assume is factory standard.

I also managed to pick up a cover for it. Supposed to be for one of the new Trace combo amps but fits like a glove!

I'm based in Cornwall. I appreciate that could be a problem, but if you want it PM me and we'll see what we can arrange. I could possibly meet people coming from a distance at Exeter Services.

It really is in cracking condition.

£195ono, or trade (plus cash my way) for a small, portable, loud amp head that I can use with the Little Bastard cab for the larger gigs, where the LB head just starts to struggle. I'm hoping for a Orange Terror bass.

I also have a Hartke vx3500 combo that I'll be advertising shortly, that I would also trade off against an Orange TB.

Piccies:

Cheers

Edited by cameltoe

[quote name='cameltoe' post='892997' date='Jul 12 2010, 05:41 PM']I've no idea why the EQ settings are like that, before someone asks! Not how I left them. I'm not crazy about the mids![/quote]

The old EQ triangle, treat for the ears

• 1 month later...

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='934480' date='Aug 24 2010, 09:40 AM']Is there only the one speaker outputbon it, and this connects to the internal spkr?[/quote]

No there are two speaker outputs plus a tuner output.

I'll amend the description in case anybody else is wondering.

Edited by cameltoe

[quote name='Musicman20' post='935038' date='Aug 24 2010, 05:30 PM']Nice...this is perfect for what I wanted a few weeks ago. Ive now got a lot on at work , thankfully for more money, so Im thinking of just having my originals band and thats it.

If this is still here and things change, id be tempted![/quote]

Cheers musicman!

Straight swap for your American P? :brow:

• 3 weeks later...