Why become a member? ×

Introduction

PeteinKent

I've been meaning to do this for a while and having just read through the 'best quotes' thread I wish I had joined earlier.If I ever meet the guy who drew the flow chart on the panflute effect he can drink on me all night.

[u]ABOUT ME[/u]... Fifty, fat & bald; been playing bass 36 years and been semi-pro for about 30. Just over a year ago I left my native S.London for the calmer environs of Canterbury and have now got fed up with driving 600 miles a week just to get to and from work and therefore I have decided to give up the day job. Consequently I shall soon be living on my wits and my gig money both of which are pitifully inadequate. I am consolodating my gear and will be listing the items for sale on here once I have figured out how the site operates. I am essentially a Precision/Stingray man. I have also been using Mark Bass gear for several years now and this despite seeing them demo'd for the 1st time by Jeff Berlin! I am thinking about buying a Bare Faced Super 12, but again more of that later.

I am basically looking forward to coming home from gigs/rehearsals, logging on here and moaning about and/or celebrating my bandmates/gear/the audience/the venue/the money/the traffic etc etc to people who will understand where I am coming from. I am also looking forward to the witty banter, hopefully contributing to it and also having it 'ripped out of me' when I get too up myself. My interests outside of music are many and varied it's just that I don't care as much about them, (apart from sex & beer possibly).

So take pity on an old git and say hello.

Cheers

Pete

• 10 months later...

Welcome Pete, good to bump into you the other night (I was the idiot who spent twenty minutes trying to parallel park in a space about the same length as my car outside the pub you were gigging in), and apologies for not making it back to your gig, for which you can blame football on tele! I suspect that our paths will cross at some stage as you live about 3 mins walk from me, but please keep me posted on your gigs

Cheers

Chris