Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette or Streamer $$ 5 string

TJAS92

[quote name='TJAS92' post='883391' date='Jul 1 2010, 08:33 PM']hey guys,

I got some serious gassing for a warwick but im stuck between which one i want.

I have played both of them and really liked the feel of both. :)

I was wondering what fellow bassist think i should get :rolleyes:

cheers TJ[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=90989&st=0#entry881627"]Buy mine!![/url]

Corvettes look loads better I reckon :lol:

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='885904' date='Jul 4 2010, 10:34 PM']If you have £500 to spend, you're going to struggle to find either (I was thinking about one a couple of months back and they were going for around the £700 mark). Your chances are much higher with a corvette though.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='goblin' post='885926' date='Jul 4 2010, 11:00 PM']If you look hard enough it'll happen though! Paid £350 for a german fretless Corvette, and £500 for another german active Corvette with J East tweaks. Just keep your eyes peeled :)[/quote]

£400ish is fairly normal for a STD4 Ash Corvette, Warwick shot themselves in the foot when they suddenly heaved up the price. The prices of the new basses are selling cheap to compete with the prices of the old basses before the price hike. Now their basses sell for around 1/3rd of their new price, they're losing out because the price difference is so massive compared to companies like Fender, say, who only have a smaller knockdown on price. Firstly there's the fact you can get a similar bass for so much cheaper and secondly if you buy a Warwick you're going to take a huge hit to the wallet if you want to sell it on.

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

I just bought a Warwick FNA jazzman 5 for £500 off ebay. There's a good chance I paid less than it's probably worth because the seller, whilst being a really nice chap, who ended up hand delivery the bass to me, didn't do a fantastic job with the advert and had a low ebay score. I've had to spend a few hours stripping it, sanding, oiling, waxing etc... but I actually enjoy that kinda thing and it's looks fantastic and plays wonderfully now.

Like a couple of the others have said, keep your eyes open because bargains are there to be had.

Both have their merits, i've got a Corvette 4 and 5 that i keep going back to despite having a thumb and streamer 4 (yey!) begging for attention.

The 'vettes are great workhorses but the Streamer is a little more on the 'petite' side of things bodywise.

Electronics wise they'll have the same stuff in them so i wouldn't go worrying too much about that (I presume you're looking at the $$ for both bodies?).

it really is down to what you can a ) get hold of and b ) fancy more.

Edited by Shirezy

[quote name='throwoff' post='887010' date='Jul 6 2010, 08:58 AM']The biggest difference on the two is that the Streamer has the maple neck, it definately comes through in the tone. A lot more bite and overall the instrumement feels a bit more trebley.

I would go for a Streamer![/quote]

oooh, i never even realised the $$ streamer had a maple neck.

[quote name='Shirezy' post='887062' date='Jul 6 2010, 10:16 AM']oooh, i never even realised the $$ streamer had a maple neck.[/quote]

Live and learn!

I have a RockBass Corvette and the body shape is really nice but I am weighing up a few Streamers at the moment, I think I will be going for an LX in French Violet High Gloss