Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Italia Maranello Z

neepheid

Hi folks

I've only had this a month, but I've gone and snagged a bass I've been lusting after for some time so financially something has to give!

For sale is an Italia Maranello Z semi acoustic bass in cream. It has a single piezo pickup through a 2 band EQ. It is in excellent condition, no dings or scuffs. It has been restrung with TI Jazz flatwound strings, best flatwounds I have ever played, much lower tension/more compliant. If you like your flatwounds tense like suspension bridge cables and as compliant as a petulant teenager, I can throw in a set of Fender flats. In fact, have them anyway, I hate them It comes with an (admittedly rather flimsy) Italia gigbag.

I have shimmed the neck so that there's a bit more room to adjust the action - beforehand I had the bridge on the deck and it still wasn't quite low enough for me. Now that there's a shim I've got it to my liking and there's still a few millimetres left to go.

I would like £195 + postage for it (which is what I paid for it a month ago).

Some pics:

(Last two pictures lifted from old for sale thread, hope that's OK)

Edited by neepheid

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='theosd' post='899309' date='Jul 19 2010, 07:31 PM']Do you reckon the body-mounted lettering would come off easily?[/quote]

Difficult to say - it's not glued down all over, there's a bit of a gap where the body edge curves away so it's possibly only attached in a couple of places, but how it is attached I don't know - maybe like a car badge with pins into a couple of holes?

[quote name='neepheid' post='899827' date='Jul 20 2010, 11:16 AM']Difficult to say - it's not glued down all over, there's a bit of a gap where the body edge curves away so it's possibly only attached in a couple of places, but how it is attached I don't know - maybe like a car badge with pins into a couple of holes?[/quote]

If it is glued on a was told an amazing trick using dental floss. You just sort of saw at the underneath and it goes through glue like you wouldnt believe. My pop bought a second hand Porsche 911 and the guy before him had taken the Carrera badge off the back and replaced it with a 911 one. Naturally we wanted to put the carrera one back and the dental floss idea worked a treat without damaging the paintwork at all :)