Why become a member? ×

MIJ Fender Precision, 57 re-issue, || Sold ||

OldGit

[color="#FF0000"][size=3]|| Sold ||[/size][/color]

[color="#8B0000"]Price drop to £475[/color]

US Vintage Pickups

There's marks like this on the fingerboard

[color="#8B0000"]Full gallery with close ups available.[/color] Please PM for a link. Thanks.

MIJ Fender Japan [b]PB57US[/b] Precision; 57 Re-Issue with [b]USA vintage pickups[/b]; USA Non-reverse machine heads;
two tone sunburst Alder body; one piece Maple neck and fingerboard; single ply scratchplate; barrel bridge. Switchcraft jack. Not sure about the pots.
1990/91 according to Guitar dater.

Weight 8.4lbs, nut 40mm, fairly round profile neck. Fender "dust cover" gig bag.

[size=4][s]£500[/s] [color="#8B0000"] £475 plus post from Cardiff. [/color][/size]

This bass has some battle scars. There's a chunk out of the lacquer on the front below the scratchplate and more lacquer missing around the heel (see the pictures here and PM for closeups)
The neck has marks and patches sometimes seen on older maple necks.
Also there's scratches and dings consummate with 20 years of gigs.

The US hardware and pickup are solid and loud and the bass feels really "together" like it's all working toward a common aim. It's one of those things that are not meant to be described in words. You'd have to strap it on :)

Anyway I don't normally assign gender to basses but for some reason this one feels like a venerable old woman of rock and more Chrissie Hynde than Suzi Quattro ....
She's certainly seen some action and had a few knocks but she has a positive vibe about her that's hard to describe.

This is one that I'd keep if I could justify it. I can't so here she is.

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='spaz91' post='870382' date='Jun 17 2010, 11:36 PM']If I see one more sexy sunburst precision here that I can't afford, I'm going to cry. :)[/quote]

Sorry!

My [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=92022"]other one[/url] is less money if that helps :rolleyes:

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='870507' date='Jun 18 2010, 09:20 AM']more Chrissie Hynde than Suzi Quattro ....

Are you sure, Simon? Suzi born 1950, Chrissie born 1951!

Love the bass by the way. :)[/quote]

Well Suzi is more kinda clean and a little too "Micky Most" pop, nice and all but [url="http://open.spotify.com/track/1LCpNOv8w***BaXSyyPHN0"]Chrissie sings "Creep" with the proper words[/url].. Don't see Suzi doing that, somehow :rolleyes:

[quote name='cocco' post='870581' date='Jun 18 2010, 10:47 AM']That's really lovely Si. Good luck with the sale. Buy with confidence people. As everyone probably knows Si is lovely to deal with.[/quote]

Cheers Ash .. come round and meet the ol' girl if you are passing, see if you can describe the vibe better than me :)

PS liek the Steampunk avatar :rolleyes:

[quote name='throwoff' post='881176' date='Jun 29 2010, 05:53 PM']I have the identical bass to this but a lefty!

I can assure any potential buyers that before I butchered mine with a duncan, thumbrest and bridgecover it was completely amazing.
Best P I ever played. Hand on heart.[/quote]

Yeah it's really nice. I have the devil/angel shoulder thing going on.
The Angel is saying I don't get on very well with maple boards, that I am sorted for keeper P basses and that I need the money, the devil's suggesting various ways to keep this one.. :)

Must....resist.....

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='OldGit' post='884344' date='Jul 2 2010, 08:59 PM'][color="#FF0000"][size=3]|| Sold ||[/size][/color]

But ask me about the [color="#000000"][size=4]black one[/size][/color][/quote]

Sold and the black one is on hold but 57's come up all the time so let me know if you'd like me to watch out for one for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this. It arrived the other day beautifully packaged.
This bass is exacly what Si said it was.
It's a very "together" instrument..... feels just lovely. Plays and sounds like a good P should, with that added "something" that you don't get with a new instument.

Gigged with it last night and even though it was bought as a back up, I can see it getting some serious action! Very light too, which is is important when your playing a 2.5 hour set!

I'm chuffed.
Thanks Si! :)

[quote name='Jesso' post='903266' date='Jul 23 2010, 03:01 PM']I bought this. It arrived the other day beautifully packaged.
This bass is exacly what Si said it was.
It's a very "together" instrument..... feels just lovely. Plays and sounds like a good P should, with that added "something" that you don't get with a new instument.

Gigged with it last night and even though it was bought as a back up, I can see it getting some serious action! Very light too, which is is important when your playing a 2.5 hour set!

[b]I'm chuffed. [/b]
Thanks Si! :)[/quote]

A touch of Sudocrem should sort out that chuffin', Jesso.

Glad you like the ol' girl. I have a feeling that one will just get better with age ....

Thanks mate.
OG