Why become a member? ×

Sunn Mustang P bass copy

Mr. Foxen

Local mate gave this to me to sort out for selling. It has been doing the sitting in the bedroom bass of people intending to learn, then used to put down the bass tracks on home recording. It's been used lefty, so has the extra strap pin thing going on. For unknown reasons half the scratch plate has been removed. Body is proper wood and neatly routed. Neck is pretty chunky. Just put it back together after cleaning, and I'll set it up and such, fairly apparent the intonation is still for lefty stringing, but I'll sort that when I have some strings.

Edit: Now including postage in the price, posted with neck off.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

I had the guitar version of this a few years back, good solid proper timber body & a really, really nice neck. I recently found another Mustang guitar neck on Ebay for my ongoing Gyppocaster project.

For those that may not know, the Sunn Mustang range were (initially) Indian-built licensed Fenders - the same guitars were badged as Squier II in the US, not sure why they were Sunns in Europe. These date from around 1989/90.

Jon.

Sorry to tire Kick, I have one of these, it's bloody brilliant, and if I wasn't as skint as I am, I'd have this off you as a spare. To anyone else out there, get this, you won't be disappointed. I've stripped mine, and I'm no wiser about the body wood, but very solid timber, 3 piece body.
The rumour is that they are made of slightly less than perfect Fender parts, there's a micro tilt adjuster in the back of the neck on mine, and the body wood is slightly stained and dinged underneath a ton of poly finish, and two sheets of veneer underneath it.
So I tend to believe the rumours.

Yeah, a little disc that should fit flush with the neck pocket, up against where the little micro-tilt bolt goes. I've only seen them on fender necks.
Oh, and 80's jap squiers, made of fender bits, and my trusty Mustang, though it's all wonky and set in wrong on the Mustang, hence my belief in the fender seconds rumour, which I admit, I might have started.... :)

Like that. If you want to see inside a Stang (sorry to hijack your thread mate) follow this link...

[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558473"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558473[/url]

apologies for the other forum, I used to hang out there before I found this place, which is much nicer.
And let me know if you want me out of your thread, I'll delete all this crap and wander away.